Original topic:

Door won't stay open on 4 door flex refrigerator

(Topic created: 07-31-2022 01:55 AM)
userXHkMidifoG
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi, 

I have just had the 4 door Samsung Family Hub installed. I notice that there are comments about the top left hand drawer won't stay open - I wish I had seen these comments.

Samsung could you please advise how to fix this problem because it is very difficult to put anything in the fridge through the one drawer only.

The fridge is level and have read the comments so adjusted the legs. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there! I definitely understand the frustration with your refrigerator door not opening properly. I'm providing a link below to our troubleshooting guide on adjusting the refrigerator doors. It has step by step instructions on how to adjust each of the doors on a Samsung refrigerator. Using these steps you should be able to adjust the door to a position where it opens and closes properly. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001017/

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there! I definitely understand the frustration with your refrigerator door not opening properly. I'm providing a link below to our troubleshooting guide on adjusting the refrigerator doors. It has step by step instructions on how to adjust each of the doors on a Samsung refrigerator. Using these steps you should be able to adjust the door to a position where it opens and closes properly. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001017/

JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Interesting... that is definitely new to me. In this world I often wonder if some of these techs even know. I own 4 bespoke with beverage center in total between 2 homes. They all stay open without issue as seen in the above photos. If you are able the adjustable front legs are simple to use yourself. By turning the front legs Raise the left side up and down while the fridge door is open. Make Adjustments until it stays open. And also as mentioned make sure it's not touching anything when open like a wall or counter top. But if you get desperate and it just won't stay. Buy a little rubber wedge from the dollar store leave it on top of the refrigerator so you can grab easily in a crisis. That will be easier than the jar possibility.
0 Likes
TLEwton
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

There are several posts on this issue of the upper left door not staying open and it appears to be a design flaw. We've had Samsung service out to the house to check leveling and door position and were told that is the way the door is suppose to act.

The beverage center option, while very cool, causes the issue which is annoying when trying to access the left side of the fridge to put in a large tray or just load groceries in general. Opening the doors and then hurrying to get the item inside before the door closes is a challenge. We've resorted to propping the mayo jar at the hinge to prevent the door from closing.

Samsung - you need to fix this! Love the fridge except for this "feature". 

0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
This should not be happening here's a few things that might help. First you twist the feet on the Front Bottom to level each side you go from left and right as you likely already know. On the left side give it one extra turn so that it's just ever so slightly higher than the right side. Next on the hinge itself Samsung included little spacers in the bag with the manual. Lift up on the door slide one spacer into the hinge. Now most importantly what most people don't realize about the way these doors open if they're not pulled out enough from your refrigerator slide in area the door actually will hit the wall. Open the door fully and look at his position to any wall or counter on the left side pull the refrigerator frame all the way up to where the door sits extended past the countertops or wall. Once this is done it should stay open without problem each door including where you get your water. Last but not least make sure the hard button shipping tabs have been removed from all doors. 20231107_104931_1000005910_1699379372.jpg20231107_104946_1000005911_1699379387.jpg20231107_104916_1000005909_1699379433.jpg
0 Likes
TLEwton
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thank you for the suggestions. We had a Samsung repair tech out yesterday to ensure the fridge was level and to align the doors. He told us the issue with the left upper door is the normal function and that many people are unhappy with the Bespoke refrigerators with the beverage centers because of this issue. The hinge on the left door wasn't designed to stay open given the extra weight of the beverage center.

We just have to live with it.

0 Likes