cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

dw80m2020us Not Working Flashing Light

I have a dw80m2020us dishwasher that has stopped working. As soon as I restore power by flipping the breaker to “on”, the machine starts to beep and the normal cycle button flashes continuously. The washer sounds like it is running, but there is no water entering it. Also, the running sound continues even is the door is open.

Accordinf to the manual this could be a leak, a leak sensor, or a problem with the main PBA. I have cut power to the machine for several hours, but the problems described above begin as soon as I turn the breaker back on.

Any ideas? I do not see any signs of a leak, so I am thinking it must be the main PBA since the washer runs even with the door open. I purchased this machine less than a year ago. 

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: dw80m2020us Not Working Flashing Light

@userHq1o4sUfUL Did you get any resolution on this issue? This is happening to me too. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Any help with this.  Mine is doing the same.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Was there an easy solition

Highlighted
Constellation

Service pro is coming out today. Still under warranty. We will see. 

@userIxXIe2BEiC wrote:

Was there an easy solition

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the same issue. My husband has disconnected the power. It continues to try and drain. He even poured water in it to make sure it was draining and it drained it just fine. Purchased this January 2019 from Home Depot

Highlighted
Constellation

Just fixed mine. It's the water intake valve. It can leak, which causes the flashing light (leak sensor), and/or just not allow water in. Take dishwasher out, lay it on its back, remove bottom cover (1 screw + 4 tabs), you'll see the water valve at the lower left. remove black hose, two wires, then detach/replace the valve (will need to set dishwasher back up to attach new valve). You'll need to replace the small hose clamp with a new one.

Highlighted
Constellation

I think this is exactly what's wrong with ours! Did this fix work for you? Ours is just outside of warranty of course! 

Highlighted
Constellation

Sigh mine too. Exact issue. Warranty ran out Jan 2020, of course. It's draining fine but just won't run

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I'm sorry to hear that so that I may look into this what is your full model number and which lights are flashing on your dishwasher? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.