Original topic:

fridge too warm, defect

(Topic created: 05-28-2022 06:44 AM)
Samsung_pq3KHpR
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Bought a RF28T5001SR/AA  refrigerator f just like user  8fc30SUSKPAsteroid  did.  I purchased  from HD on Jan 24, 2021 for $1835.48

I had the exact same experience he had with the French door fridge and Home Service Network.

My fridge too runs at 42 to 45 I check with two Taylor digital thermometers, a delta trak refrigeration pocket type, a infared gun, a new  brand new Acurite. and a remote sensor Electro- therm. I am a 45 year AC and refrigeration tech. All say fridge in the 40s . The fridge control panel says its 35! The compressor  short cycles every 5 to 10 mins and shuts off on sensor/computor. The sensor is located behind cooling panel where the cold air comes out.

Techs that come out run their scan diagnostics thru their phone that tals to fridge. The scan shows nothing because it thinks its working and thinks its 35 degrees. Techs ignore my thermometers but do not use one of there own! They rely on the fridge thermometer .

I believe techs are told to say fridge is fine because its a design defect and they can not fix it. This is dangerous because bacteria grows rapidly above 40 degrees.

This also keeps Samsung  from racking up three problem calls that trigger the refund. 

I have had 4 calls from HSN , there service is terrible , the techs barely speak English, they do not listen to customer, they are rude and they lie. I have been in HVACR service since 1974 I know the difference between good and bad service.

HSN has refused to come back even after Samsung Care approved service call

I put HSN and Samsung care on a three way call and HSN still refused to come because their techs have lied and says its ok. Samsung now says they will send ASAP Solutions out with in the next 24-48 business hours.

I have lost milk prematurely for months and lucky my family has not gotten sick from fridge,

I request a full refund of the known defective refrigerator that Samsung tries to defend. Also class action suit is in the works. Samsung needs to recall this fridge.

Please refund me purchase price of   $1835.48

Samsung makes good phones and Tvs but the need to stay out of the kitchen!

Very, very unhappy, disappointed Samsung customer. Samsung integrity and reputation is very disturbing.

Do the right thing,

Robert Allen

0 Likes
5 Replies
Yamialex224
Supernova
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Good luck with a class action suit. If it's against Samsung you will probably lose of HSN again probably lose. They have the time and money to drag it out. Class action suits are best with more than one person cause then they can't drag it out. Going against any big company alone isn't smart
0 Likes
TheMom69
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
In order to get your get icemaker fixed, look up the class action suit lost by Samsung. If you mention the suit, they are more than happy to fix your ice maker. I myself have a 9 month old Samsung dishwasher that is now a USLESS PIECE OF JUNK. 3 pumps installed, 1board, they had us install a new raised hose for draining. Now, Final decision by Samsung, Installation problem not covered since new hose installed. I am sure I will tell all my friends, anyone I see in a store looking at Samsung, their friends, their familes.
0 Likes
Fridgeguy
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I'm having the same problem with my fridge, I've removed the cover and everything looks fine, the circulation motor is fine, evaporator coils are frosty, I had freezing issues before that I solved, the fridge says it's in the 30s, 3 thermometers say high 40s. Perhaps relocating the internal fridge temperature sensor further away from the coils may remedy this issue?
0 Likes
DJF76022
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Configure wallet
0 Likes
DJF76022
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Turn down thermostat