cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userf5hlOjJRdf
Constellation

howto re-set fridge after power failure model RF28HMEDBSR/AA?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Fridge is not cooling properly after power outage.  Freezer is fine.

Youtube videos on other samsung fridges show how to do this by pressing a couple of buttons on the display.

No videos available for my model.  This is a french door model with exterior ice make/display and 'extra' pullout drawer between the fridge and freezer.

Can anyone help?

thanks.

PS Samsung chat said to unplug it and plug it back it.  It takes two grown men to move this fridge, so that's not happening anytime tonight.  Thx.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: howto re-set fridge after power failure model RF28HMEDBSR/AA?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue. Is there any way you can flip the breaker for the outlet the unit is plugged into for about 5 mins to reset the unit? 

5 REPLIES 5
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue. Is there any way you can flip the breaker for the outlet the unit is plugged into for about 5 mins to reset the unit? 

userf5hlOjJRdf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you very much -- I turned off the power source at the breaker for about 10 minutes.  After turning it back on, it took awhile, but the fridge eventually began cooling properly and is now seemingly OK.  

userspj6rvyugY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is this the expectation every time there's a power outage/surge? The user has to manually reset the fridge?

We've seen a couple power outages recently and unfortunately have the same Samsung garbage. It resets to 7C for the fridge and 5C for the cooling tray - both of which are too warm for keeping perishable food. Samsung needs to learn the basics of how to make appliances.

user1PjJ2Ebt7j
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung,

I lost all my food again because of a power failure.

There must be an overide to your feature of not letting the refrigerator and freezer start cooling again once the power comes back on.

This is the first rerigerator that I have purchased wher I have had this problem.

The breaker does not trip. It is simply a power outage on the entire house and once the power goes back on the refrigerator does not and I lose all my food.

I have to come home to mess and manualy reset the refrigerator by holding the 2 buttons to get it going.

This is ridiculous and never would have spent over 2k for your product had the sales representative at Home Depot told me about this problem .

Extremely disappointed!

Please help me!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have any ticket numbers associated with this?