Original topic:

ice build up over fan and evaporator coil

(Topic created on: 4/21/21 6:07 PM)
user1rF2AkgJD1
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi ,

It has been 8 yrs since I purchased my refrigerator and started having issues with ice build up and freezing around the evaporator coil. I am surprised to see so many people reporting it and it is a common issue with Samsung refrigerators. I tried requesting for repair but everyone says there is no permanent solution of this. And every time this happens I need to shut off the power for 24hrs and let the ice melt and drain the water. This is pretty annoying and I am so disappointed. Before loosing any money on a recurring problem wanted to check in the community here to see on the reality of no permanent solution for this. Has anyone used Samsung authorized personnel and had a permanent solution for this?

Appreciate any guidance and inputs here.

Thanks,

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
CharlieSleuther
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I just posted a solution that has been working for me now for two years. See:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Kitchen-and-Family-Hub/RF23HCEDBSR-AA-freezes-need-to-defrost-ev...

The fridge ran okay for about 18 months and then I started getting the fan noise from ice buildup. It was a long slog to figure out what needed to be done. At least in my case, my home-brew solution was very effective. The source of the problem was a bad evaporator cover seal. My assessment was that this was due to wires that were improperly routed at time of manufacture. Check out my other post. Good luck.

View solution in context

user1rF2AkgJD1
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thanks for the detailed response and links to the required parts. Tried replacing it, will need to wait and see it this solves the issue or not.

0 Likes
user9n5dNCxMf3
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I would like to see the solution to the problem.  It was posted less then 2 months ago and is already archived.  Is there a way to access archived solutions?

0 Likes