Original topic:

ice maker Samsung refrigerator rf22kredbsr/aa

(Topic created on: 12/31/20 2:03 PM)
MrJedrykowski
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This refrigerator's ice maker keeps freezing up, no pun intended.  This first happened to our family a year ago.  I did all the youtube research about the issues causing the freeze-up and called Samsung for service.  They referred me out to a local tech and the cost to have them look at the issue was $200 to take a look at a problem I know they've had to fix time and time again.  So, I decided to order the part direct from Parts Doctor (https://partsdr.com/). This is a part made by Samsung, but Parts Doctor sold it at a better price if I recall?  Anyway, I was able to replace the part myself (thanks to all the YouTubers who have put their videos up).  The actual replacement was really simple and easy.  The most difficult process was waiting for the ice to defrost in order to actually get the ice bucket out of the fridge.  I replaced this part a year ago and for a year it worked like a charm.  Fast forward to this week and what do you know, it's broken again.  What am I supposed to do here Samsung? Continue to order this part year after year for the life of the fridge? Samsung knows about this problem and refuses to fix it.  I want a refund on this POS fridge if nothing else.  If you can't make that happen, I'll make some videos and post them on TikTok, Instagram, and Twitter.  I have kids who are really good at making videos and once it's up, it'll be sure to garner thousands of views and likes.  As a 43-year-old man, I hate to resort to sophomoric and juvenile means but given the circumstances and the complete lack of responsibility and ownership from Samsung, I'll do anything to put this company on notice and make sure no one else makes the mistake of purchasing this POS fridge and going through this problem.  

3 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link, and I will look in to this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userT0eUtiXiK1
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have had this exact problem with my Samsung Smart Hub refrigerator. I have had it "repaired" once already, which consisted of a silicone seal being placed around the ice maker. I have contacted Samsung regarding this issue and their only response is to schedule service. I don't want service, I want a solution! I too will be spreading the word that this very expensive Samsung Family Hub refrigerator is chronically in need of repair and not worth the money!!

0 Likes
userUrOK4fU2wm
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I hope this helps everyone.  If you call the Samsung Support number.  You can call the Samsung Support line:800-726-7864.

They will ask for your S/N to see if you qualify for an accommodation. 11/12 They sent a tech out with the parts and it has been good ever since.

Good luck!