cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: ice maker stopped samsung model RF263BEAESR fridge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We've got your message, I'll be following up with you here shortly. Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usergMoIhSndHo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Cole - 

Thank you for the outreach.  I finally had a few minutes tonight to take a closer look at the icemaker (taking the freezer tray out, etc.).  The reset button initiated the mechanical process of dumping the tray and returning it to the normal position, then there was a click of the solenoid to fill the tray, but no water emerged.  On a hunch, I got a blowdryer and an extension cord and heated the valve area.  Next time I pressed the button, the cycle concluded with adding water to the tray.

I believe that the issue is assuaged for the time being.  Unless there's some design change in the icemaker itself, I suspect this will remain a systemic issue.  If there is a design change (e.g. heated nozzle?), let me know; otherwise, I'm resigned to applying some heat to the freezer when this happens again.

Cheers,

Zig

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We will let you know if any changes arise.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userIaXS2VrVbA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would you consider using a hair dryer on a $2500 refrigerator a solution? Just curious doesnt really seem to be a solution to me.

usernb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung model RF263BEAESG fridge purchased in 2016. No Warranty.  I've read the multiple complaints with the same issue with no "real" solution. Water has leaked since time of purchase. Was initially told it would stop in a couple of weeks, it did not and nothing was done about it.  Ice maker stops producing ice or it comes out slushy.  The child lock is not on and water comes out fine.  Filter has been replaced and this is still a problem.  I'm wondering what you can do for me (us) to resolve this design flaw.  I paid way too much money for this to be a problem so soon.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Checking in to see if you still need assistance.  Please provide your complete serial number and I will gladly look into this for you.

Community Guidelines: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-General-Guidelines/ba-p/459817
Terms of Service: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-Terms-and-Conditions/ba-p/460091
userfGjLQ81aOG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We all need assistance!

cpn84
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Google class action lawsuit, you will find it. I can't post link, they deleted my posts yesterday!!

userHt4EBQtfvf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looking into it? This is obviously a computer generated response. Folks we need to hit Samsung squarley in the wallet to get any attention! Now whose with me?Smiley Mad

userTmnPYMpWx1
Asteroid

Re: ice maker stopped samsung model RFF266 fridge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good news, 

I was able to fix mine.  Here's what I did to fix mine and I hope it helps you.

I have a Samsung RFF266 french door refrigerator and having the same symptoms as described here.  

1.  I have tried to press the RESET button per the instruction below but to no avail.  I even hold the reset button for up to 20 seconds. No sound or feedback whatsoever.  My water line is working, my ice off is not enabled.  

How To Reset The Ice Maker(s) In Samsung French Door and Bottom ...https://support-us.samsung.com/.....

2. I then managed to UnPLUG the power source from the back of the refrigerator and leave it OFF for 5 minutes.   Sort of like cold reboot of the refrigerator.

After that, I hear the Ice Tray Motor begin to torque and water refill the tray.  I was ecstatic beyond believe.  

I hope this is the case with yours.  Save me $$ for a service recall.

-Widodo