JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ice maker overfilling - drops ice on floor when freezer opened.

(Topic created: 08-11-2020 12:19 PM)
userJA1jeVS3D7
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

we recently bought a Samsung FR261BEAESR Refrigerator.  The freezer is located on the bottom in the form of a drawer.  When you open the drawer you hear the ice being scraped from the top of the ice compartment and pushed out the backside of the drawer; then you hear the ice drop and fall to the bottom of the refrigerator under the drawer.  You can not get to ice because the drawer is not easily removed.  You can see the ice build-up and evently being pushed out because the ice eventually is being pushed by other ice.  Imagine the coin game where you drop a penny in and hope it pushes other coins out of the machine.  When we open the freezer sometimes the ice that falls pushes the ice that has previously fallen out onto my kitchen floor approximately one inch under my frig.  Please help me with a solution.  I can send a video if that would help you visualize what is happening.ice3.jpgice2.jpgice1.jpg

13 Replies
userJA1jeVS3D7
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Very Disappointing but NO update.  Someone marked my complaint as "found a solution" but the problem is still occuring.  I guess I have to make another complaint.  BUT you ARE CORRECT...we just need a little wall at the back!  Good Luck!

userJA1jeVS3D7
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yes this is so annoying!  No there is NO solution, they have been out to my house twice to replace motors, etc and nothing works.  

They suggested I turn off the ice maker when it is full so it will not continue to make ice.  This has helped but annoying that I have to turn it off and on.

The on and off buttom is located at the top of the refrigerator when you open the door.  (kind of like the inside frame.

hope this helps.  Please let me know if you find any other solutions.

0 Likes
userbvRoRlqa6q
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a 3 door bottom freezer fridge and the ice bucket keeps overflowing and ice is constantly falling behind the door. How do I stop this? 

usert59Uc6zAoX
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My icemaker does the same thing, it also drops under the freezer drawer while making ice. I have looked at it and the ice bucket is not over full. This fridge is high maintenance and it's unacceptable considering the cost.love the design, hate the function.