cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annieoaklie
Asteroid

new fridge compressor runs continuously

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our new french door refridgerator RF23HCEDTSR was delivered yesterday and while it has reached the set temperatures the compressor has not shut off.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: new fridge compressor runs continuously

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi annieoaklie and barb9910, When the refrigerator is first installed it does have the potential to run for quite some time.  How cold do you have the settings? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

10 REPLIES 10
barb9910
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,  This is also happening to my fridge as well.  It is only 2 months old.  I was told that the compessor is made by differnt companies for Samsung and my refrig just got a loud one.  I am going to have them replace it and will see what happens after that.

jaybirdc7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good luck with that. Hope it is still under warranty and they will wriggle out of that. Trust me.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi annieoaklie and barb9910, When the refrigerator is first installed it does have the potential to run for quite some time.  How cold do you have the settings? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

MARK in IL
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are having the same issue with our 3 week old RF260BEAESG French Door Fridge. It seems to be running nonstop now with the freezer temp set at 0 and the fridge temp set at 37 and the energy saver feature on.  Not sure what to do now but I don't want a $500 electric bill becuase of this refridgerator that's for sure.  Any help would be greatly appreciated before I call Lowes to start using my extended warranty right away. I don't want this Samsung piece to leave a bad taste in my mouth. 

usertXObcIKM4F
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How long is is supposed to run? I’m barely in it. I turned the EnergySaver off then it stopped running, but then started back shortly later. It has been two days and still hasn’t seemed to shut off. It’s seems my 12 year old Whirlpool was more energy effecient. Is annoying to hear this thing  run constantly. It has an annoying pitch just enough to well...be annoying. I need to know if this is something I need to have returned while I still can. Settings are 4 (40 deg)/4 (0 deg). 

JDS
Constellation

Re: new fridge compressor & reliability

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you think the compressor is an issue give 2 to 3 years and it will break down completely. We purchased the Rf28HFEDTFR/AA in Jan of 2014. Both ice makers have broken and we are being told the product is obsolete and parts are no longer available. Samsung doesn't seem to care. My recommendation is to return the refrigerator. Sadly we purchased a dishwasher and microwave. It has really jaded my view of Samsung.

annieoaklie
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

it did stop running continuously after a few days.  Has worked fine for the past 2 years.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're glad that you're running as you should be Smiley Happy

user0x11tLMRU4
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our fridge is running continuously and the freezer is on the lowest setting and the economy setting is on as well.  The setting was at 3 and I found the ice cream was too hard. When I dropped it to 1, it’s as hard as a Rock. I don’t know if it ran constantly before but it does now. Been in use for two weeks now. French door model