Original topic:

oven stopped working mid-bake

(Topic created on: 3/14/21 6:58 PM)
lezbereal
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I was baking something in my NX58F5500SW gas oven the other day, and heard a whoosh, then it looked as though the heating light had gone out in the oven. Now if I start it, I don't even hear the ignition click then whoosh of igniting the gas. Any sense of what's wrong here?

**The stovetop burners do work, so I know the gas is entering the unit.

0 Likes
2 Replies
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
  1. Check the circuit breaker.

Reset the circuit breaker by switching it off for 30 seconds and then switching it back on. If your range continues to trip the circuit breaker, contact a licensed electrician.

2. Inspect the power cord.

Verify that the range is plugged in securely and that the cord is not loose. For a gas range, test the outlet with another item, like a lamp. If other items do not work in the outlet, the issue is with the outlet, not the range. Contact a licensed electrician.

3. Check the power supply.

Your appliance will need either a 120V or 240V connection, depending on your model.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange process.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.

You are welcome to send us a private message with the full model code and serial number in order to see if the unit is within the warranty or if it qualifies for any possible options. Messages can be sent by visiting any mod's profile. http://bit.ly/2sSxapD

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user5gx0371jUo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

same issue here and I think it's laughable that their suggestion is to check the circuit breaker or the gas line when both the stove top and the broiler both still work.  The breaker isn't the problem.  It's a faulty machine.  From what I'm seeing here this seems to be a common problem.

Did you ever get it fixed.

0 Likes