cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

"Non user-replaceable part" apparently requires tech to come out for something so simple

So I just got a new samsung refrigerator and we love it although it came with the ice maker door gasket all deformed and the plastic piece it attaches to (that snaps in and holds it to the hole in the door) has a broken tab.

So I chatted with Samsung to get a replacement for those 2 pieces, sent them pictures, and they agreed they needed to be replaced. I expected them to just mail me the new parts and I'll just pop them into place, easy right? Well according to them, these pieces aren't "user-replaceable" and require a technician. Now, mind you, I had to take off the gasket and gasket holder (whatever you call it) to take a picture for them, and put it back on. It's an extremely easy process that anyone with 2 functioning hands can do. But no, it has to be replaced by a tech, apparently Samsung things their customers aren't smart enough to know how to do something that takes less work than replacing a light bulb. I agreed to have the tech out for what I assume would be a 30-second visit at most (what a waste of trip for this tech), they scheduled the tech to come out a week later, but on the day of the scheduled service, no call, no tech, nothing. Nobody shows up, and I have to chat again with Samsung who tells me they should've called me to confirm, but that I should call them now since they didn't 😑.... Ok, I call the number, get put on hold and allow the automated system to call me back... No call back, next morning I get a text that my service request is cancelled. So now I'm a bit upset (really, can't use that word here?), I chat with Samsung again and they say I need to call that number that nobody answers, I try and explain but they just end the chat. I call again, this time waiting the entire time on the line, I finally get through and a lady says their systems are down and they'll call me back without letting me get a word in edgewise. Now I'm chatting with Samsung again to try and get a new service request scheduled, all because they can't just send me a part that would take all of 20 seconds to put in myself. You gotta do better than this Samsung, you're not only wasting my time and the time of some tech to drive out to my place during a pandemic for something so trivial, you're wasting your own money by not allowing any flexibility in so-called non user-replaceable parts. On top of that, your entire system of scheduling techs, them not showing up or calling, and having me attempt to get through to your broken system is laughably bad, or it would be laughable if it wasn't so frustrating. Not a great start.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: "Non user-replaceable part" apparently requires tech to come out for something so simple

This does sound frustrating! We don't suggest any type of self-repair as that completely voids your warranty. Could you provide the ticket number so I can look into this for you? Also, just out of curiosity, have you spoken with your retailer since the appliance did arrive deformed and shouldn't have been?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: "Non user-replaceable part" apparently requires tech to come out for something so simp

The rep on chat already rescheduled for next week, so we'll see what happens. As far as the retailer is concerned this was purchased from your website with delivery and install from your options available.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: "Non user-replaceable part" apparently requires tech to come out for something so simp

Ah, I understand. Please keep me posted on how that goes! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.