cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

refrigerator Samsung RS2530BWP not freezing or cooling

Can't seem to find my previous post. I was wrong about the model. It is a Samsung RS2530BWP.  I found an article that suggested pressing the Power Freeze and Freeze buttons at the same time. Below the temperature select for the freezer, a circle with a line through it appeared. I could hear something happening but nothing seemed colder. Waited almost 40 minutes, then pressed the two buttons and held them for 3-5 seconds. I think I hear the compressor now. 

Is this the best way to reset it?

This happened suddenly. Noticed a few days ago that the frozen food on the door seemed soft. Then yesterday, nothing. Been scrambling to find a solution short of a new one.

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: refrigerator Samsung RS2530BWP not freezing or cooling

This issue will require a service technician to determine the cause of the refrigerator not cooling. As it is so far out of the warranty, you can locate an authorized service center at the following link.  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

Re: refrigerator Samsung RS2530BWP not freezing or cooling

Absolutely not worth it. I am looking at at least $150 to get someone to look at it, $3-400 for a compressor, the likely problem, plus labor to install it. And it is 10 years old, if that. I am very disappointed.