cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usertk1X1pxe9M
Asteroid

refrigerator filter

JUMP TO SOLUTION

how long to wait to change water filter after red warning light?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: refrigerator filter

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The filter light comes on every six months, regardless of if the filter has been changed during that time. So in essence the filter lasts about six months. There is no measurement for how long until it can't be changed, it's just up-to you on how long you want to wait to change it. Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The filter light comes on every six months, regardless of if the filter has been changed during that time. So in essence the filter lasts about six months. There is no measurement for how long until it can't be changed, it's just up-to you on how long you want to wait to change it. Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usertk1X1pxe9M
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for prompt reply!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're very welcome, glad I could help!

Samsung_U5i34xc
Astronaut

I am a plumber by trade and deal with water as well as fi...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am a plumber by trade and deal with water as well as filtration quite often. Part of how long you should wait puts dependent on geographical location coupled with the impurities found within said regions water supply. I recently tested the water at my own house and found that the fridge filter that was close to being scheduled for change was in fact producing waste with more contaminates than the tap. Most filters go by volume of gallons treated rather than time, cause lets face it we all don't drink the same amount of water or have the same number of family members. If you really want clean drinking water look into reverse osmosis and a whole house filtration system.

usertk1X1pxe9M
Asteroid

Re: I am a plumber by trade and deal with water as well as fi...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the advice!