cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

rf20hfenbbc-aa refrigerator not cooling well

Okay so I know there has been a lot of Samsung refrigerator not cooling post but I have yet to find a solution to my problem. The problem started when the door flipper was cut off because it was broken. The temperature started going up but I just thought it was a seal problem. So I brought another flipper and installed it but the temperature was still in the 60 range. I have unplugged it and taken the back panel off to see if there was any ice but there wasn't. The fan moves manually but I'm not sure if it works when I plug the fridge back in.  I don't really hear any sounds so I'm not sure. I have read about holding down the power freeze and the power cool button to show a service code but when I hold it down all I get is a long beep and no display. When I found out the cost of a diagnostic ($120), I quickly canceled my service call so I'm really trying to figure this out myself can anyone please help me. The temperature is currently 54 degrees.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: rf20hfenbbc-aa refrigerator not cooling well

Hi usergZ2PoIJIjS I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with your unit. Firstly were you having these temperature issues before your seal broke or after there is a chance that the initial replacement of the seal doesn’t have an air tight seal. If this isn’t the case then there may be a problem with the condenser fan on your unit. Before you get ready to make any major repairs on your unit here a guide to help you trouble shoot and/ or find a solution before taking the unit in for a diagnostic and save some money.

[REMOVED PER TOS]

Highlighted
Constellation

After the flipper was cut off, I noticed the temperature issue. I brought an OEM part so I would hope it has an air tight seal. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

At this point, this is something that we would suggest having an authorized technician out to service just in case it's an issue with something along the lines of the sealed system. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.