cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userpBK3gxIaIy
Constellation

samsung electric oven not heating and getting E28

Hi I recently acquired a Samsung Range NE597R0ABSR/AA and the broil element will not turn on.

I get a E28 code when doing diagnostic mode.  I have replaced the sensor and still get the code.

Using a voltmeter i can confirm:
Unit is getting 240V
Bake element gets 240V (although the relay turns on/off more than you would think)

Turning on the Warming Tray seems to work like normal
I switched the plugs that go into the relays between the bake and broil elements, and the broil heats up with the bake turned on, so the element and wiring to the broil element is good

Everything else works find, top burners, all the buttons, etc etc

I am thinking the relay to the broil element is bad. However, the board is like $100 and i have already spent money on a new sensor and bake element (person who gave me the oven said the bake element was bad, incorrectly). Plus the fact i get the E28 error even after i swapped the sensor makes me think it may not be the relay and something else?  No other errors come up (although when i click through the error codes i get E28 like for times before the "no error" msg appears).

How can i tell if its just the broil relay, something on the entire relay board, or something else entirely (if the oven door sensor is bad, would that cause the broil element to never turn on? some kind of safety feuture; or maybe the control board)?

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: samsung electric oven not heating and getting E28

It's a possibility that it could be the control board.  If you haven't already, we would suggest picking up a copy of a service manual if you're wanting to continue with a self repair.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userpBK3gxIaIy
Constellation

Re: samsung electric oven not heating and getting E28

Do you mean the board with the relays or the board with the buttons/screen?  How could i tell which one is bad?