cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

samsung electric range ne59j7630ss hot surface indicator light not turning off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The hot surface indicator light on my samsung range stays on all of the time, even after many hours of not using the range and it's cool to touch.  The problem just started recently.  Any idea on how to fix this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: samsung electric range ne59j7630ss hot surface indicator light not turning off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend having a service tech take a look at the unit. I would be happy to get that set up for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: samsung electric range ne59j7630ss hot surface indicator light not turning off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to confirm, has the unit already been unplugged (Or just trip the breaker to the unit) for at least 5 minutes since this began?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, it was unplugged for some time, but the light is still on after plugged back in

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend having a service tech take a look at the unit. I would be happy to get that set up for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue with my NE59J3420SS, Hot Surface light will not go out, even after turning off the breaker for 10 minutes. So dissapointed with Samsung products right now, first my fridge ice maker, now my stove. Maybe Samsung support/service after the sale can come through even though its out of warranty by only 6 months....sigh....whats next? Micro? Dishwasher?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry to hear this. Please send me your full model code, serial number and phone number via private message. http://bit.ly/2kZXrit

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have same issue with Samsung gas range 

samsung ne58f9500ss hot surface light stays on. I bought this recently and this happened. I am not happy about this. I google it. Seems like lots of people are having same issues. Please help me fix ASAP. 

thank you

hemang 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear this. Have you tried to power cycle the range?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here on model number ne59j76305b.  Light has been staying on gradually longer and longer.  Now it's on all the time.  Called customer service and the agent said I needed to have a service technician come out and replace the sensor.  And that we'd have to pay for it because there is no warranty.  I find this completely unacceptable -- obviously this is a wide-spread issue with these electric ranges.  Faulty sensors that last maybe just over a year.  Can't say I'm thrilled with Samsung at the moment.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are having the same problem with our fifteen month old Samsung electric range. The light continually stays on and now we have a Bakelite smell coming from the oven when we use it. For safety sake we unplugged the unit and called Samsung. After reading numerous complaint stories I’ve concluded that I shouldn’t sit by the phone and wait for their service department to call us. If anyone has this problem I would love to hear their story. Until then we are grilling about everything for meals☹️