Cannot remove ice bucket

Constellation

Cannot remove ice bucket

We had a model RF23HCEDBSR refrigerator delivered yesterday.  Tonight I tried to remove the ice bucket and it will not come out.  I followed the directions in the user manuel to no avail.  Any suggestions?

82 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Cannot remove ice bucket

Hi kb0588! Make sure that you're only pushing upwards on the front of the ice maker and then pulling out in order to remove the ice bucket.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

Have been pulling up and out for better part of hour wihtout success. Just returned from a month's vacation, so I'm guessing an ice clump is obstructing the removal. Do I need to shut down entire frig to melt this suspected clump?

Samsung Moderator

If there is indeed a ice clump blocking it, melting that clump will be your best bet. You can unplug the unit to do so, but then you risk food spoilage. There no real method that's recommended but I have seen people take a hair dryer to it. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Astronaut

I am having the same problem with my Samsung RF28hmelbsr/aa which doesn’t even show up on the Samsung website when you search the model number. This is is no fun and I can’t move myself to unplug now I not only have to have all my food spoil I have to pay a hefty fee for a handyman to move it for me. Second time in the 2 years since it’s been installed that I have had to have a repair person for the ice maker.

Astronaut

I have the very same problem.  Ice wouldn't dispense.  I had to replace the ice maker when it was only 1 year old.  So I thought it is probably dead again, but would try resetting it first.  Went to remove the ice bucket and it won't budge.  Took a hair dryer to it for 30 minutes.  Still won't budge.  Pulled so hard that I broke one of the tabs holding the slick front face on it.  This is infuriating!

And I work for a company that was recently purchased by Samsung (different division), but I have no idea how to actually get someone's attention about this.  I love everything about my Samsung french door fridge EXCEPT the ice maker (even when it is working, it dispenses slowly and doesn't make much ice--not enough for Texas in the summer, at least).

Samsung Moderator

@userxYbX4DB0Yc: Could you send a private message with the full model and serial number?  

Constellation

Im having the same issue too. The button on the side is fulling depressed but I can not budge the ice bucket. 

Astronaut

I’m having same problem but I think the ice bucket is frozen 

Astronaut

Same problem for new Samsung frige purchased in May 2017. Service person coming on January 11.