Cannot remove ice bucket

Astronaut

Re: Cannot remove ice bucket

I am having the same issue...ice is not coming out of dispenser and I cannot open the ice tray/bucket.

Astronaut

I have exact same issue. Problem happened once before. Took out ice bucket hit reset and done. Great. Now ice bucket won’t come out.  This issue is ridiculous. 

Astronaut

Snypu at least respond to customers?
Astronaut

Seriously, can someone from samsung reply?  This is all over YouTube, forums etc... do u stand by your products and customers?

Astronaut

I’m having same issue with ic maker not making ice and cannot remove ice bucket. Help please

Asteroid

Re: Cannot remove ice bucket (RF23J9011SR)

I am having the same problem with my RF23J9011SR which is less than 1.5 years old.  Six months ago I was able to remove the bin to empty it.  Now, the bin is obviously empty and no ice is being made. No matter how hard I try, the bin will NOT come out.

This is a ridiculous problem and appears to be a design flaw.  We have nother Samsung fridge bought in 2010. It has never had an ice problem and the bin is always easy to remove. (That one has a lever to remove the bin. The new one has no lever - just push up on the front of the bin and pull out, but that does not work).

Asteroid

Re: Cannot remove ice bucket (RF23J9011SR) - Solved

I solved the problem, which was due to a large frost/ice buildup on the bottom of the icemaker (which hangs above the ice bin).

After a number of attempts, pushing up and pulling out, and jiggling, the bin finally came out. It took more than 10 minutes with a hair dryer to melt all the ice buildup on the bottom of the icemaker. Bin went back in easily. Next morning I have ice again.

Astronaut

Use of the hairdryer for 10 minutes worked for me to get cover off; than another 10 minutes to melt ice chunks in unit. Should probably check it ever so often (2-4 weeks?)

Astronaut

I have a family hub, My ice bucket would not come out eventually I moved it a little and used my hairdryer to melt some ice which it was stuck on, finally I removed the ice bucket. The top of the inside was iced up so used my hairdryer melted the ice , did not turn the fridge off, put ice bucket back in and now I have ice again and saved money getting someone to fix for me

Constellation

I’ve had the same issue twice in just over a year. Bad design and I haven’t seen a response from Samsung on this matter. I could get the bucket out about 1/4 inch so I used a blow dryer to melt the ice enough to allow me to remove the bucket. Ice that is in small block form caught in rotating blade as well around the actual unit. It’s not good to have a blower dryer around dripping water but no other way to get the bucket out with shutting off the entire frig to defrost. Also no way to remove the unit it self without the bucket out. Again bad design,

Samsung what are you doing about this design flaw that so many customer must deal with often.