Cannot remove ice bucket

Supernova

Re: Cannot remove ice bucket

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

Constellation

I hit it a few times with my hand  on the side and bottom to break up the frozen ice holding it in....

came right out after that.

Constellation

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

have posted on the forum about my Refridgerator, Model RF28JBEDBSR / AA   S/N <Hidden>.  It has stopped making ice and I am unable to get the ice maker open.  I have pushed it up as hard as possible, pulled until the refridgerator was on 2 legs.  Nothing works.  It is VERY frustrating.  Can you please assist.  

I have replied to your mailbox with my phone number. 

Astronaut

Obviously crappy design and manufacturing.  I had to replace my ice maker within 2 years of purchase (done by certified Samsung technician).  It has stopped making ice again within less than a week and I can’t get bucket out to reset (I shouldn’t have to either).  Will never purchase a Samsung again.

Constellation

i've done the hair dryer thing until the case is almost too hot to touch and still will not come out. I'm getting ready to build a new house and also remodel others and will never purchase another samsung. Why do they require PM to fix? why not post a solution? Heading to the convenience store now to buy ice.

Samsung Moderator

@userPTfRHJbtV6: We require a PM because we send a technician to your home and don't want you to post your personal information in a public thread.  If you would like to send us your information, don't hesitate to do so.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Sadly they knew about this issue and are still selling the same fridge with defective icemakers...shame on them!

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Based on the posts, it appears I’m lucky that my refrigerator is almost 4 years old before getting this problem. I have a RF23HCEDB  model that stopped dispensing ice several days ago. I tried to pull the tray out and it is stuck. 

I haven’t tried the hairdryer yet however it seems that’s the only possible solution. That reminds me of defrosting the freezer with a hairdryer over 50 years ago. It seems Samsung is going back in time.  It’s a shame because I like refrigerator however I shouldn’t have to take a hairdryer to it.