Cannot remove ice bucket

Astronaut

Re: Cannot remove ice bucket

I had the ice tray stuck issue with my RF4287HARS.  I could pull it out about halfway, but then it seemed jammed.  I used a small mirror and found that there was a bunch of ice cubes stuck up on the top right side.  I was able to reach them and free them with my fingers.  The ice tray comes out normally now and I’m just waiting to see if the ice maker still works. I’ve had the ice maker go out before and had to replace it when one the plastic gears in the motor stripped out.  

Astronaut

Removing the ice bucket from our Samsung French-door refrigerator gives new meaning to the term “ice bucket challenge.”  After less than two years of ownership, our ice maker refused to dispense.  We determined there was a clump of ice clogging the thing up so we attempted to remove the ice bucket by pushing up on the front and pulling the thing out. 

Frozen.  (Well it’s ice, you dummy,” my wife demurred.)

After doing some on-line looking, we determined we needed to pull the refrigerator out from the wall, turn off the water at the supply (perfect time to vacuum up pet hair and locate a couple of lost Legos), turn the ice maker OFF, and wait… and wait… and wait.  Even coaxing with a hair dryer occasionally, it took the better part of four days for the block to melt.

Pushing up on the front of the icemaker briskly, and pulling the bucket forward, (all the time fearing I was going to bust off some piece of plastic) the box freed itself.  There still existed two pretty robust chunks of ice that had been hung up on the corkscrew that pushes cubes out.  They broke free from the bottom of the bucket without (thankfully) breaking the bucket itself.

Thirty seconds of wiping the thing dry and I reinserted the ice bucket into the fridge – all the time fretting about how much oomph it took to snap the thing back into place and, again, worrying about busting some exotic piece of plastic.

The manual – which does not mention that this type of service should be done every month or so – says that once the water is turned on after replacing the bucket, wait 24 hours and then dispense FOUR cubes of ice.  If that works, then wait another eight to fill a glass with ice.  (Good thing I take my whiskey neat.)

The recipe for ice is pretty basic.  I’ve been cooking ice since I was about six years old.  Were I to be in the market again, I would NOT purchase an ice-in-the-door unit.

Constellation

We have had the same issue over the past couple weeks with our model RF23HCEDTSR/AA Samsung fridge.  Fridge hasn’t made ice in weeks and we haven’t even had it 2 years yetSmiley Sad  I have spent a good 30 minutes trying to left up and pull the ice box out but it will only come out a couple inches. Soooo frustrating and the first fridge I have ever had this problem.  I really hate to have to pay some $100+ to come out and get the box out to have it yet again not come out. I sincerely doh t we will ever buy another appliance through them again. 

Astronaut

How to access the "hidden" Ice Bucket of your Samsung French door Refrigerator Stainless Steel aka ice dispenser aka container If you appreciate the info here, Please hit the Subscribe button to show some support! thanks!!!! Buy fridge here: http://amzn.to/2rtsmcm Buy Genuine Replacement Water ...
Constellation

When the ice maker stopped working before, I removed the ice bucket and used a hair dryer to thaw it out. It was fine for a while. Now the bucket is frozen in there solid and I can’t remove it. I tried a hair dryer but it doesn’t do any good on the outside of the bucket. I shouldn’t have to defrost the whole refrigerator like I’m living in the 1950s. This is an unbelievable nuisance. 

Constellation

My ice bucket is stuck too now I have banged on the sides of the ice bucket and can lift bucket up to begin getting it out but am unable to dispense ice or pull it out. This is so irritating. Now I understand why people said Samsung should just stick with what they do so well already like TV’s and not try getting into refrigerators. Help!

Astronaut

My fridge is only 4 months old and I've already had this problem.  Hair dryer and a lot of beating on the side of the ice bucket finally worked.  Large clump of frozen ice was obstructing it.  I use my ice maker on a daily basis so this should not happen!  Wish I had heard about this problem prior to buying this expensive fridge.  

Constellation

Same problem. How do I send you my info so you will come and fix it?

Constellation

This is absulutely ridiculous. So many people are having this issue, including myself, and zero comment from Samsung other than send us your information so we can send someone out to look at it? In the meantime, I have no ice, and the ice container is stuck inside the unit. If I put a hair dryer to it (which I shouldn't have to do in the first place), it will only melt the ice to the point where it will refreeze if I cannot get the bucket out, then it will be a greater mess.

THIS IS SCREAMING FOR A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT FOR A SERIOUS DESIGN FLAW. I did not pay $1800 for something that stops working three months later because of known issues. SAMSUNG NEEDS TO ISSUE A FORMAL STATEMENT!!! Why should I have to take time off from work so a technician can resolve this? And what happens when the warranty runs out. This needs to be FIXED.

Always try the shimmy and if there are any screws involved then, go to town on those as well...