Cannot remove ice bucket

Constellation

Re: Cannot remove ice bucket

Had my fridge for a few years constant problems. But this seems a little silly. I've had the fridge unplugged for 24 hrs. everything is defrosted and can't get the ice maker out. It is fully thawed. As I've tilted the fridge and drained all the water out of the ice maker yet it still won't open. I press the release button and pull out and it might move 1/2 an inch. 

Constellation

We have the same issue. Every few weeks ice maker jams up with an ice "bridge" up in the mechanism and it is difficult to impossible to remove bucket. Samsung please tell me there is a retrofit to fix this design flaw. Surely you don't expect me to "defrost" my icemaker every month?
Constellation

Not to pile on - but same issue.  Have had the fridge for about 4 years, french door - have already cracked and repaired the ice bucket once.  Happens about once per month, usually I can force it out, thaw with heat gun, reset - put it back.

Tired of it - fridge is great, but is destined to be resold or to the dump.  This drives me insane.

Saw a service bulletin about caulking the gap on the side, didn't work.  It is not a frosting problem (that is a problem too though) - it is ice not dropping into the bucket and freezing to the top of the maker.

If there is a "flawed" part, or a new unit that fixes this - PLEASE suggest it here - or give the PN and I would happily pay to get one and get this fixed (probably out of warranty, though this has been going on since the first year, not sure that will matter to Samsung).

Constellation

Add mine to the list...not happy to see this lengthy thread without any resolution or real assistance from Samsung.  Is there a new model of ice maker that will work in this fridge?  The fridge is 18 months old.  Worked like a champ until tonight...Samsung HELP,!!

Samsung Moderator

@ userCa8ICr15Ig I would like to investigate further. Can you please drop a Private Message here: https://bit.ly/2mQxylV with the full model and serial numbers of the refrigerator? 

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Add me to the list. Model RF26J7500WW/AA

Samsung Moderator

@userBik4Xb3Gsq Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Private Message Link

Constellation

We have the same problem.  Looking at the ice bucket, there appears to be a thin plastic plate between the top of the bucket and the refrigerator itself, preventing the bucket from moving up when lifted according to instructions.
Could this possibly be a shipping brace of some sort?

Astronaut

The manual is pointless if the ice bucket is frozen shut. I'm having the same issue and it won't come out more than 1/2 inch. I tried the blow-dryer but there isn't anywhere you can do that if it doesn't open except through the ice dispenser. So please tell me how to remove a frozen shut ice bin. Your manaul doesn't inform us what to do in case the ice bin won't come out!!! 

Astronaut

Did that fix the issue? Were you able to get it out after that? I'm having the same issue. I worked on this for 3 hours last night to no avail. It won't come out far enough to even get a blow dryer in there. I'm so frustrated!!!!