Dishwasher making a lot of noise when starting up

Samsung Moderator

Re: Dishwasher making a lot of noise when starting up

@Akidd30; I would be happy to look into this issue for you. Could you send me your most recent transaction number in a private message to http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Constellation

Ugh...I also have this model dishwasher and the same issue with the vent fan. I purchased the dishwasher 7/2017. Come November 2017 the noise started. After contacting Samsung and getting the response "that noise is totally normal nothing we can do about it" ( this was a phone conversation) we exchanged the dishwasher at the place of purchase for the exact same model. Fast forward to February 2018 the 2nd dishwasher started with the same vent fan noise. Contacted Samsung who this time sent out a repair tech who replaced the vent fan. Problem solved until March 2018. Repair tech sent fan replaced for 2nd time. April 2018 Samsung had to send a repair tech for the 3rd time for again the vent fan to be replaced. Then in July you guessed it the vent fan was replaced for the 4th time! Now here we are August 2018 and my dishwasher in one month out of warranty and the vent fan is making noise again. Contacted Samsung and was told sorry your dishwasher is out of warranty we can give you a 1 time free repair! I know darn well this is only a band aid for the issue. Come a month or two from now I will be responsible for any cost for repair. Siper disappointed that Samsung is not willing to work with me on this issue. It's very obvious that this model dishwasher has a defect and they are not standing behind there product

Astronaut

Same here, after three deliveries from THD, #1 - defective, #2 damaged and #3 installed incorrectly (to high so they scratched the pad) and now #4 worked fine for 5 months...  now sounds like a 76 Pinto with a dead battery for 45 seconds when starting up.  A tad mad, I purchased all Samsung appliances and each has had an issue within the first year... my fridge from when I bought my house (came with) 30 years ago (Westinghouse) still works great...  go figure.

Astronaut

Samsung as an employee, Samsung Aerospace, you should be ashamed of this thread.
Constellation

My dishwasher ( model dw80k7050ug) is making a sound from the bottom right corner that would resemble the sound of a spoon in the disposal.  It is typically loud at start up and when it’s switching cycles. I’ve cleaned the drain screen, ran the disposal, ran it empty and still the same results.  Thoughts?????

Samsung Moderator

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I just started having the same issue with the annoying noise (sounds like its coming from the fan opening) at start up. I've been using the dishwasher for about 5mo. Please help!

Astronaut

Sorry I don't have an answer but I do have the same problem.  Your description is very accurate--spoon in the disposal.  Mine does it for a minute or so on inital start.  Have you found an answer?

Constellation

Technician is at my house as I'm typing. He removed the inside door panel and the fan is about the diameter of a quarter. Samsung has released a bulletin stating the part is defective. The technician is ordering the part and will leave the defective fan unplugged until the new on comes in. Given the size of the fan I cant imagine it does much in the drying process. 

More to follow when part is installed and dishwasher is ran for a bit to test new fan.

Samsung Moderator

Please keep us posted. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.