Dishwasher set LC code and needs to be reset

Constellation

Re: Dishwasher set LC code and needs to be reset

[ Edited ]

My dishwasher is sucking and grinding and flashing LC. 

I pulled out the washer, removed the bottom pan and dried it out without messing with any internal cables. 

There was a very very small amount of moisture there. 

There are are no kinks in any line. 

When I put the dishwasher back it continues to flash LC. 

How do I reset it?

Model DW80K5050US

serial <hidden>

Constellation

no that dont work, he needs to reset the code from the combination of buttons to push

Constellation

i took my sensor and taped it up in the dishwasher, tired of this stupid code error,  then turn power off to dishwasher for a day and all boots up fine, no error code

Constellation

take the sensor and tape it up somewhere, its stupid to have anyway, mines went off 3 times in a year and just damp, then turn power off to dishwasher for 24 hours and it will reset.

Constellation

Thank you!! Ready to throw it in the street!

Astronaut

My does the same thing. Took it out looked at the pan and it’s completely dry. For giggles I removed it to make sure the sensors are dry and indeed they are.  The manual provided zero information to help. Last Samsung device I’ll buy. 

Constellation

There is not a reset. The best option is to take the sensor off and tape it up high somewhere or some people have even just removed it. It is located on drain pan on bottom of unit. Poor Samsung design with over sensitive sensor. Causes LC error code when pan is just damp...not necessarily as leak. Hope this helps. 

Astronaut

Samsung is certainly aware of this defect. They should provide us with a real fix. If it is a differently calibrated sensor so be it. My dishwasher is only 2 months old. I'll have to look to see if I am eligible for warranty service. 

Samsung Moderator

@ userSPFMmQeE2X I would be happy to look into your warranty. Can you please send a Private Message here: https://bit.ly/2mQxylV with the full model and serial numbers of the dishwasher? 

Constellation

I’m having the same issue. I flipped the breaker for 3 hours and it still drains and flashes the LC code. I’m just glad I finished all of my Thanksgiving cleanup before it crapped out.  What are people finding as the fix?