Do not use the self-cleaning on the range - your range will not work after!!!

Astronaut

Re: Do not use the self-cleaning on the range - your range will not work after!!!

Adding my range to this list. Same thing just happened to me. Bought in September of '17 and warranty lapsed in May this year. Seems like a common problem Samsung, what gives???

Constellation

Re: Do not use the self-cleaning on the range - your range will not work after!!!

**update**

tech came out and fixed the oven. It was the fuse in the back. Very stupid design for my model. I have an in wall so when the fuse blows and the door locks you can’t remove then oven from the wall. The lock on the oven door can’t be easily accessed. My tech called into Samsung tech support and they said “oh yeah that is dumb, maybe you can pry the door but if it breaks that’ll be on you.”  We ended up being able to work a long flat metal ruler in to pop the latch. Once the door was open the repair went quick, about 15 minutes. Tech told me not to use the self clean because it would happen again.  

Constellation

I have the same exact problem,  I put on the self clean feature and the front control panel went nuts and the fianlly black.  The oven came with the condo I purchased so I am sure it is out of warranty.

This is clearly a defect on the oven and the product should be recalled .  

Hopefully someone imprtant is reading all of these posts and will do something about this problem.

I am lost for words after reading all of the posts on the oven! 

Astronaut

Problem here too.  My range is about 1 1/2 years old.  I've run the self-clean about 3 times and now the oven does not work.  Stove top works, broiler works, but oven does not.  Called Samsung today and was told the same as everyone else has been told.  It's out of warranty and the repair is on me.  This is obviously a defective range and should be recalled.  I always thought Samsung was a good brand, but now I know better.  It was one of Consumer Reports recommended ranges but I'll be sure and write to them too.  They do recall recommendations which I think is a kiss of death for the item.  If this stove causes a fire and someone's injured perhaps a large damage payout will cause them to face their responsibility and recall this stove.

Samsung Moderator

@user1nNp7bSrF9 Can you please provide me with your full model number, serial number, and the ticket number from today in a private message?

Astronaut

I just cleaned mine half way through same problem ! 

Astronaut

Can you tell me which part to replace mine died in the middle of my first cleaning ever ! 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Can you tell me what needs to be replaced? 

Samsung Moderator

The mods here are not certified technicians. Therefore we wouldn't be qualified to offer part replacement suggestions. Could you please provide me with your full model number and serial number in a private message?

Constellation

I used my self cleaning mode on my model NE59J7630 electric range yesterday for the first time and I had the same thing happen.  The panel went dark and the oven door is locked and will not open.  Range is in a seasonal residence which we use only a few months a year so the range is basically new.  User manual is useless on this issue.  Samsung service company in South Florida is spotty so I don't know what to do.