Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

SOLVED
Samsung Moderator

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

@usertSuFOzXcrh, if you would like to get set up for service, please send us a private message: http://bit.ly/2mcMgp1

Constellation

I know I've spent more time thawing  out the back of the refrigerator.  Then I have actually enjoying the **bleep** thing  when it's not making humming noises. 

Cyn

Astronaut

We have the same problem on the same model # RF28HMEDBSR/AA - is there a recommended solution?

Astronaut

I had the same problem. Back of the fridge had ice building up, fan noise etc. After a lot of digging and more than a few hours on you tube. I narrowed it down to a faulty defrost sensor. For my particular model (rf266abpn) my part # is DA32-00027B. $14. Here's a link to the video I found most helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tARlz_AWjOM

This Video Shows the Issue. The MANUAL DEFROST video shows the FREE and Easy Working Solution which is Avoiding the Big Cost and Time Associated with the Eventual Repair. SIDENOTE: Some Feed back is saying just turning off the ENERGY SAVE feature is working for them.
Constellation

We have had this problem for a while now. We defrosted the fridge and we thought the problem was solved. Two weeks later, it's back and louder than ever. All of the licensed repair people want at least $100 just to come out. Is there a way to prevent this problem (ice buildup around the fan) from happening, or is this just a design flaw in Samsung fridges?

Constellation

I have a Samsung RF263BEAEWW with same issue as all the other posts.  I am reaslly bothered that this is such a common issue and Samsung just ignores it. 

My issue started with the ice maker freezing/ice build up.  Defrost, then 3-4 weeks later frozen with ice build up again.  My unit is suppose to have the "update", but all that seems to be is some styrofoam (maybe that is why I can get 3-4 weeks vs the common 2).

After going thru that cycle for over 1 year, the ice maker stopped working. Estimated >$600 to fix = hmm $1 store ice trays.  About month later (as in now) the fan noise was building.  Searched and found out I now needed to defrost behind the back cover on the inside. Really? What a joy.

I bought this unit after looking at ConsumerReports and noticing it is a "Recommended" unit.  Semms they would have mentioned the issue (a simple search would have told them), but nothing I have seen so far.  At some point this may become a class action of some kind.  Till then, I will defrost as needed, and save for a replacement.

I am only one person, but I tell everyone not to buy a Samsung fridge.  Actually I was going to buy a glasstop stove and need a new dryer, but think I will pass on Samsung.

Astronaut

There are videos on youtube showing how to get rid of the ice. One of them shows how to insulate parts of the colling tubes but I don't know how long this lasts. I don't know if Samsung has a fix for this issue or fired the designer who came up with this poor design. As for me, disassembling the inside of the fridge and melting the ice with a hair dryer is the only thing that works.

Constellation

Did you ever figure out what it was?

Astronaut

I'm having the same problem with my fridge. A 2 year old baby! I'm thinking we need to open a CLASS ACTION SUIT against Samsung if they don't provide a solution!
Astronaut

That's absolutely nuts! I can't believe there's not a recall or a class action suit against them.