Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

SOLVED
Astronaut

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

We have same issue RF28HMEDBSR - bought 4/2014.  We have ice buildup in vents at back of fridge and water thaws under veggie drawers, it was black mold and stunk last thaw we did.  We empty, thaw, clean, restart, it will knock, ice up, dribble repeatedly.  Have spoken to Samsung customer service 2x and was told I have to use ONLY their service person, they will not pay for the visit to diagnose the issue, and my fridge has a 5 year warranty on compressor, evaporator, condenser, dryer, connecting tubing BUT I was told by Samsung that what I’m describing will not fall under this warranty. (??)  What a joke!!  My 5 year warranty expires 4/2019 - Samsung will then say my warranty expired & they can’t cover my complaints I’m sure.  Samsung needs to be sued.  If I could return this and get my money back today I would do so in a heartbeat.  

Constellation

Re:  Model F28HMEDBSR/AA.

A few months ago the ice maker bagan producing wet ice, dripping from the drawer, drawer freezing in place, ice build up  all around the cabinet of the drawer and gushing a bit of water when dispensing ice. I was removing the built up ice every week and a half and last night it began humming so loud it can be heard from every room in the house. Removing the built up ice and turning off the maker doesn't stop it. Same problem others seem to be having. 

As one person here said, she is only one person, but will tell others to stay away from your products nonetheless. Thing is, she is not alone. There is power in numbers. As I learned recently, you, Samsung, were well aware of this issue, yet continued to produce and sell a faulty and expensive refrigerator to the unsuspecting. Clear evidence of no regard for your customer base.  If you refuse to address and rectify the issue, there may not be a lot we can do to our satisfaction, but I have no doubt there will be push back and consequences to you. By ignoring the problem, you force the hand that feeds you. I understand there is a class action law suit which I am not opposed to joining if possible, or starting one, calling the Attorney General, reporting to the BBB and joing the ranks of those already telling others to stay clear of Samsung. In every venue possible. It could quickly become a new and passionate mission. 

My family has been loyal customers of Samsung and own many of  your products (including a recently recalled washing machine). This situation is highly frustrating, maddening and utterly unexceptable. I would like to hear from a rep regarding my problem with the offer of a solution, it's the least you can do. Show me your claim of "World-class customer support".

Constellation

I have the same issue. Our model RF26J7500SR/AA. This humming/rattling noise is so painful. How can I fix this? 

Constellation

I woke up to the horrible humming fan noise this morning!  Model RF23HCEDBSR/AA.

Has anyone had any success contacting either one of the Moderators in this thread?

Astronaut

Ours makes the noise too. Our fridge is about 2 years old. When it was about 1 year and a few months old, it started with the problem of not making ice, and we’d have to take the ice maker out and remove the built up ice about once every two weeks. A few months ago it started with the noises, and is getting progressively worse. We have Samsung TV, washer, dryer, fridge, and microwave as well. After this issue, I will never buy another Samsung product again. If any of my friends or family consider a Samsung appliance, I will be sure to inform them of my issue and advise against purchasing anything Samsung.

Funny, my husband just walked in the house and said “**bleep** is that thing loud!!!” It’s ridiculous considering how much we paid.

Constellation

I have a RF28HDEDTSR and loved it until today...humming sound which is overpowering and loud.  Over 2 years old and of course I had only a 2 year service plan.  Come on Samsung -- another single mom here who bought your product thinking it would last a bit longer than 3 years....

Constellation

Mine is doing the same thing and I called them and of course it was bought in 2014 and is out of warranty and my responsibility to pay for a service call.   This don’t make sense for every one that is made is doing the same thing and it’s my responsibility to pay.   Samsung needs to honor their product!

Constellation

ours does the same thing.  Ice builds up behind the panel on the back wall and the fan starts hitting it making the noise.  Repairman I called took back inside panel off and defrosted the big block of ice that had built up.  Fridge was 3.5 years old at time.  Now we have to defrost it at least once a year.  Samsung appears to be no help.  To me, this is definitely a design/defect.  I've had refrigerators for 50 years and never had a problem like this all the time.

Constellation

I agree.  Samsung tech even told me "ice is due to warm air entering the refrigerator"  Well how do they think you're going to get food in and out, duh!   We've had to defrost ours 3 times and less than5 years.  I feel its a design flaw too but Samsung won't admit it.  Too many people are having the same issue.

Constellation

I have the same problem  RF260beaesp  Samsung won't take ownership of the problem.  Has to be a design flaw.  I'm also going to starty telling anyone that asks not to buy a Samsung refrigerator.