Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

I've already had one problem fixed with my ice maker, now it's making a loud buzzing noise and the ice maker is freezing up.  I see the are lots of problems with this.  I spent a lot of money in this refrigerator and want this fixed.  Please contact me assp

Constellation

I have the same problem described here. Very loud noise from the fan a bit of frost build up on the back wall. The noise stops when you open the door. I have the RF28HFEDBSR which we bought two years ago. Has anyone been able to fix this?

Supernova

Have you tried defrosting the unit?

Constellation

How do we defrost the unit?

Supernova

The best way to defrost the unit is to put the unit in demo mode for a few hours.

Constellation

OK we will try this defrost method and update here. any tips on how to avoid this in the future? The fridge is only two years old.

Supernova

Make sure you keep the unit at the recommended temperatures and try to avoid leaving the door open for long periods of time. 

Constellation

Having the same problem. Bought the fridge in 2015 an now have to completely defrost it monthly. Very unhappy after spending all this money. I heard something about a defrost thermostat that might be the problem that we could replace - any ideas? I REALLY don't want to fork out another $2000 for a fridge that only lasts 3 years. Terrible.

Constellation

Our serial number is RF263BEAESR/AA

Any help would be appreciated. Removing all food and defrosting every month is not sustainable.

Constellation

I am having the same problem described here. There is a very loud noise from the fan which stops when you open the door. I have the RF26J7500BC/AA which I bought in June 2015. It appears from the number of similar posts that this is a known issue that Samsung should be addressing. Has anyone had any success in getting a resolution/fix from Samsung? I agree with a previous poster that removing all food and defrosting once a month is neither sustainable nor should it be warranted with a quality refrigerator purchased less than three years ago.