Microwave pushes buttons on its own. Fan turns on and off and keeps pressing the 7 button

Highlighted
Constellation

Microwave pushes buttons on its own. Fan turns on and off and keeps pressing the 7 button

My microwave of 2 months old keeps pressing buttons on its own. Particularly the number 7 button up to 7:77 it has even powered on. Also the fan turns on by itself at all hours of the day and night. I️ have to keep the microwave unplugged so my house doesn’t burn down. Have contacted Samsung many times. They have sent the tech support to my house and they continue to replace the door for the third time tomorrow. This is not the solution. They will not give me a refund until the microwave is deemed unrepairable. If you have to continue to replace the door week after week then it has to be unrepairable. Tech calls Samsung while he is at my house. They give him the run around, he needs to tell them it’s unrepairable as he tries to do that they hang up on him. He said he will try again later. I️ call Samsung they tell me the tech that was at my house needs to call Samsung tech support in order to deem it unrepairable which tech support will give him a 7000 number which in turn Samsung will give me a refund once they receive the 7000 from tech support. The issue is the tech that comes to my house can’t get the 7000 number from Samsung tech support. Tech has even tried to help me by calling Samsung on a conference call with me to tell them directly that the microwave is unrepairable. Samsung had me send in my receipt for a refund which I’ve never gotten and the tech is coming back tomorrow to replace the door yet again. The customer service on this matter is terrible. Eye understand there is a process to follow but the process is broken at the momet it seems. If there isn’t a solution to this issue on the microwave then yes it’s not repairable. Anyone else having this issue?

8 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Microwave pushes buttons on its own. Fan turns on and off and keeps pressing the 7 button

I can't make any guarantees that I can change anything, but I'd like to look into this for you to see if there is anything I can do to help. Happen to have a ticket number I could pull up?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

Re: Microwave pushes buttons on its own. Fan turns on and off and keeps pressing the 7 button

5119771593      Two ticket numbers. 5119637475 the first one is most recent 

Samsung Moderator

We're escalating this on your behalf. Thank you for your patience.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

My over-the-range Samsung microwave does the same thing:  the fan turns on out of nowhere, and sometimes it makes little beeping noises. 

Besides that, it has to be unplugged to use it: just freezes up and won't work unless you unplug, plug back in, set time again, and only then can you use it.  Then it happens all over again. 

It is out of warranty so I'm out of luck but certainly did not get my money's worth out of this unit.  Disappointing. 

Samsung Moderator

I would be more than happy to look into this for you.  Could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Samsung Moderator

Hello, Just following up to see if we can be of any assistance? 

Astronaut

@SamsungJustinwrote:

Hello, Just following up to see if we can be of any assistance? 

Hi. I'm having exacly the same problem. Not with the fan, but definately the "7" button

Samsung Moderator

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with the model number and the serial number of the unit.