Over the range microwave fan turns on by itself, random beeps and inputs

SOLVED
Asteroid

Over the range microwave fan turns on by itself, random beeps and inputs

Microwave model # ME21K7010DS

Fan turns itself on randomly, random messages flash on the input screen - turnable off, turntable on, press ok, etc., and beeping for no reason. I've tried unplugging it temporarily but the issue keeps coming back. What is the solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Solution
Accepted by topic author userheX4A0EHr4
‎07-31-2017 06:31 PM

Re: Over the range microwave fan turns on by itself, random beeps and inputs

If you've already unplugged it for at least 5 minutes and it still happens, then service repairs would be recommended.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

23 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator
Solution
Accepted by topic author userheX4A0EHr4
‎07-31-2017 06:31 PM

If you've already unplugged it for at least 5 minutes and it still happens, then service repairs would be recommended.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

The issue with our microwave has come back with a vengeance, it even turns itself on now. How do I go about getting it serviced?

Samsung Moderator

You message us directly with the model/serial numbers to get repairs set up: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Constellation

I am having the exact same issue with my microwave, model ME21K7010DS. Fan turns on by itself, constant beeping and messages showing up on the screen. I don't recall the exact time, but it sets itself to a duration displaying all 7's. I've tried the suggested unplugging then running, but that did nothing. I feel it's unsafe to the point where I do not leave it plugged in anymore. Unit was purchased in November 2016. 

I've just called and filed a ticket for service, and am waiting to hear from a service tech. I am sure I'll have to pay for this, as Samsung doesnt seem to be recognizing this as any sort of recall. 

For all those who have posted with this problem and had it serviced, roughly what was the cost, and what was the actual fix? Has it worked? I am seeing enough people with the same issue to realize this is obviously a common enough defect and not a fluke issue. Not sure I am comfortable with a third party company taking a guess at what's wrong or putting a bandaid on something if there is a more pervasive issue at play with these units that Samsung isn't addressing yet. 

Asteroid

My microwave was repaired - actually the door was replaced. To Samsung's credit they did a one-time extended warranty repair so there was no cost to me. Basically I was told by the repair technician that the wire connection between the door components and the microwave was not grounded thus causing "noise" and for the microwave to malfunction - the new door came with a grounding wire he attached to the microwave and I haven't had any issues since. 

Constellation

usereXJbURL4fQ wrote:

I am having the exact same issue with my microwave, model ME21K7010DS. Fan turns on by itself, constant beeping and messages showing up on the screen. I don't recall the exact time, but it sets itself to a duration displaying all 7's. I've tried the suggested unplugging then running, but that did nothing. I feel it's unsafe to the point where I do not leave it plugged in anymore. Unit was purchased in November 2016. 

I've just called and filed a ticket for service, and am waiting to hear from a service tech. I am sure I'll have to pay for this, as Samsung doesnt seem to be recognizing this as any sort of recall. 

For all those who have posted with this problem and had it serviced, roughly what was the cost, and what was the actual fix? Has it worked? I am seeing enough people with the same issue to realize this is obviously a common enough defect and not a fluke issue. Not sure I am comfortable with a third party company taking a guess at what's wrong or putting a bandaid on something if there is a more pervasive issue at play with these units that Samsung isn't addressing yet. 

We are having the same problem with our 2.1 cu. ft. Over the Range PowerGrill Microwave with Sensor Cook Model # ME21K7010DS it beeps and show message "7 press OK or start"  very random.  It seem like there are a lot of people with same problem with this microwave.  Surprising as this was not a inexpensive item.  

Samsung Moderator

Could you send us a private message with your serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Constellation

I bought mine in January of 2017 and it has been doing it since install... I will never buy Samsung again.

Constellation

I thought by buying Samsung I would not have problems with the unit.. it is beeping again as I am writing this... I woke up this morning to fan on high and it definitely was not turned on before I went to bed last night. I think it might be possessed! Please help I sure would appreciate it! 

Samsung model # ME21K7010DG

Thank you.