Over the range microwave oven inputs 7 by itself and prompts to hit OK or Start... nobody touched.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Constellation

Over the range microwave oven inputs 7 by itself and prompts to hit OK or Start... nobody touched.

[ Edited ]

While sitting 10 feet from the microwave, we occasionally hear a beep and look over to see that the microwave automatically hit the 7 button and is asking for us to select OK or Start...  Sometimes, it hits it twice and will cook for 77 seconds if we hit start.  But, we didn't do anything!  This happens from a normal resting position where we only see the time of day, and happens at random times... Do we have a bad computer? We just recently purchased this unit maybe two months ago.  

Model: ME21K7010DG

Serial: <Hidden>

Thanks!

Gerry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Solution
Accepted by SamsungCole (Samsung Moderator)
‎04-10-2018 07:02 AM

Re: Over the range microwave oven inputs 7 by itself and prompts to hit OK or Start... nobody tou...

[ Edited ]

If the issue is still happening after you flip the breaker/cut the power, service repairs are recommended. Please send us a private message for more details: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

312 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Over the range microwave oven inputs 7 by itself and prompts to hit OK or Start... nobody tou...

That would certainly indicate something wrong with the control panel. We'd recommend having a service technician take a look at it. I am showing the unit in warranty until 12/31/2017, mind shooting me a message here so we can look into service options for you? http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Astronaut

Re: Over the range microwave oven inputs 7 by itself and prompts to hit OK or Start... nobody touch

I have the ME21K7010DS and having a similiar problem. Randomly the display will show "PRESS START OR OK". I called the 800 # and they are going to send a service person out. The unit is only a few months old.

Constellation

Re: Over the range microwave oven inputs 7 by itself and prompts to hit OK or Start... nobody touch

Was this problem ever resolved? I am having the same issue. "Press start or OK" 77:77

Samsung Moderator

Send us a private message with the full model and serial number.  

Constellation

Mine does the same thing. But now it has decided to start turning on the fan too. Very annoying!

Constellation

We are having the same issue, very random, very annoying. Only a few months old.
Samsung Moderator

Could you shoot us a private message with the model and serial number?

Constellation

We have the same model & its only 4 months old and it just started doing this as well.

Constellation

Mine started this today. Very annoying and frustrating. What is the problem and what is the fix?