RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

SOLVED
Samsung Moderator

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

Sadly we cannot guarantee coverage for out of warranty units. While paying for a repair is not usually a well liked answer, it is an answer nonetheless. At this time, this is not a known issue that Samsung is making any accommodations for. Due to this, we research each symptom on a case by case basis to see if the unit qualifies for anything we can offer. In cases where we can't necessarily offer anything other than out of warranty repairs, we can at least help refer to authorized repair centers should you wish not to use someone unauthorized. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

How many complaints are needed for something to be a "known issue"? You can google Samsung fridge and find tons of posts from people with the same issues who have contacted support and are all being told the same thing. There are multiple threads on this site - The Samsung Community forums.
Constellation

To be honest, I don't think having a normally functioning ice maker is a known issue.  The failure rate seems to be around 100% from what I've gathered (by the time you get to the 3 year mark anyway)

Highlighted
Astronaut

Thank you for sharing your solution.  I have been using a blow dryer to defrost the ice maker so we can use it.  Both problems are not acceptable when you buy a Samsung product.  What do you do with your food for 24 hours especially frozen items?

I think Samsung needs to do a recall and either replace our refridgerators or send parts that will correct these problems completely.  A Clauson

Constellation

+1 more fridge with icemakers problems, but according to the samsung employee answering these posts - the 46 pages of people with the same problem is a "unknown issue"

Samsung, didnt your lessons learned with the exploding cellphone batteries teach you anything?  When you have thousands of customers complaining about something - A ISSUE DOES EXIST.

You guys need to fix these crummy ice makers because paying anything for 1.5 year old appliance that cost 2-4,000$ is assinine.

I tried all the fixes i could find on the internet, i tried defrosting it, resetting and creating babies with it, nothing works.  This is a problem whether or not you bury your head in the sand or not.

Last time I buy Samsung, glad i got a Sony 4K TV instead of some cheap junk made by you fools.  Next to go is my cellphone, hello Apple! 

Astronaut

Samsung will not recognize this a known issue? Wow. I already stop buying any samsung products and told everyone i know about it.

Constellation

I’m having a problem with the ice maker freezing up no ice
Constellation

I joined the lawsuit too!
Astronaut

[ Edited ]

yikes! i have had my fridge for almost 2 years and the last few months the ice maker started acting up .  Thankfully i have a 10 year warranty on this junk.  the tech had a hair dryer and replaced the auger and said there were replacements parts.  a few weeks later and it is still doing the same thing.  What i do is i pull the ice tray out and have to knock off the frozen cubes. n between the wall of the bin and where the cubes are made to make it stop freezing and jamming up.  

Samsung Moderator

Can you send me your serial number via private message?  http://bit.ly/2kZXrit