RF31FMESBSR Ice Maker Issue

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: RF31FMESBSR Ice Maker Issue

Not a known issue? Are you kidding me? Even our repairman said every samsung refrigerator with this model has the same issue. 

Constellation

Boy am I glad I found this link, I ahve the same issue with my Samsung French door model. It lloks like from reading these posts thta after a bunch of failed repair attempts since it seems obvious that Samsung does not have an engineerign solution, can I skip all the hassel and just get my reund??

Astronaut

I have been having the same issue with this ice maker. I would have to scrape ice off the bottom of the ice maker to get it to create ice, unplug entire unit to let it thaw out, and now it is not making ice at all. I am at a lost, what can I do? This is not your $600 refrigerator, it is a $2500 refrigerator. It's 3.5 years old, and I have to buy ice. I've been suffering with this issue just as the warranty period expired.

Astronaut

I too am another Samsung customer with the same ice maker issue.  Freezes over, stops making ice, now is making a load noise.  Repair man just left and will back to replace ice maker.  Sounds like that is not going to solve the problem. They quoted 300.00 to 400.00 to fix.  I plan on asking Samsung to cover it as it is a know issue with this model.  Refrig is only 4 years old.  Paid 3000.00 for it.  So not worth it.

Asteroid

I have the French door Samsung refrigerator - gorgeous appliance!! Probably why we all bought it.... :-)

Yesterday I had the 4th service call in 17 months - and the 3rd new icemaker installed. Same issues - loud, grinding noise, slushy ice, water coming out before and after cubed ice is dispensed. From what I read on another board, there is a new model icemaker being installed with a clip - so we'll see if this makes a difference. The service tech yesterday did tell me not to have the Energy Saver light on (that was something new).

Samsung has been very helpful in setting up service appointments - and I'm extremely happy that we purchased the extended warranty - but there has to be a point when a permanent solution is offered.  

Attachments

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

Same problem with mine, has Samsung announced a recall yet?  they should be ashamed.   I cut mine on and off, I think it does not know when to shut off when full then it gets bound up at the top. Hate this ice machine.....

Constellation

Wishing everyone better luck than I've had.  Spent days trying to get resolution and the best I have gotten is an offer for store credit.  It this what passes for customer satisfaction at Samsung? I bought the unit on sale and with (Lowe's) military retiree discount.  I wouldn't be able to buy a comparable unit at all.  I'm frankly disgusted with both Samsung and Lowe's for their dismissive approach.  The unit wasn't even eight month old when the problem arose.  Calling service at Samsung has been short of maddening after disconnects and agents who can barely speak English.  I suppose this is what we should come to expect.  Wishing all of you the best and again, I will no longer buy Samsung merchandise.  That is my only option and I will exercise it.  That, and warn others of the poor service and quality.

Samsung Moderator

@userHkHzDMQvWG: Would you happen to have any transaction numbers that we could look into?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure what transaction number you're referring too.  

Because I was "out of warranty", I didn't want to also be out of pocket for $100's to have Samsung inevitably tell me there was no solution (concluded from many others posts).  As a result, I was staying informed on other's experiences and a hopeful Samsung determine a "fix" before contacting Samsung for a service call.  It's been approx 1.5years on not having this refrigerator making ice.  Otherwise a good product.

Like many other, i didnt want my frustration with Samsung's product to cost me $100's more.  

Ken

<HIDDEN>

Astronaut

I'm glad I found these posts! We purchased in 9/2015 from Sears and have the exact same issue. I thought about purchasing the whole ice maker unit to replace my current one to see if that would do the trick, but appears that it is more about faulty design and lack of acknowledgement of that poor design is the real issue.