Samsung Dishwasher #DW7933LRASR/AA "HEAVY" + "SMART AUTO" lights blinking

SOLVED
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Dishwasher #DW7933LRASR/AA "HEAVY" + "SMART AUTO" lights blinking

It would have been a reference number from the repair.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

I did not have it repaired. I have repaired it several times but it keeps going back to the same blinking "heavy + smart auto" lights. You know, like EVERY single other person in this 13 page thread. The question is, will Samsung make this right? The dishwasher is approx. 4 years old. This ain't right. If Samsung isn't going to help us out with an apparent design flaw, then I'm done. I'm certainly not going to spend another $500 on another Samsung appliance.

I'm all ears but I don't expect Samsung to follow through.
Constellation

I am having the same issue..... Samsung should step up and make it right since it is a known issue.. I’m calling tomorrow’s to see what their going to do, I’ll let you know.

Samsung Moderator

Could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Mine is doing the same thing and I just it three weeks ago. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes. We found that some small 1/2" dia pieces of plastic that broke off a utensil we washed went through the large "screen" holes at the bottom of the tub & got caught in the drain hose heading toward the plumbing pipes.  After comparing the dishwasher with others we think these holes are larger than their competitors.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

My Samsung model DW80J3020US/AA 

S/N [REDACTED]

Has the same issue; auto/heavy indicator lights flashing. 

I have cleaned the filters and discharge hose. Is this unit still under warranty?

If not what will the repair cost? 

Samsung Moderator

user7cOV8BITH3

If the dishwasher is connected to a garbage disposal, verify that the garbage disposal is clear and not clogged.

Verify  the visible portion of the drain hose (where it attaches to the drain) is not kinked or bent. This can typically be found below the sink.
Run water into the sink the dishwasher is connected to for 30 seconds, and then verify if the sink drains. If it does not, the issue is with the home's plumbing, and not with the dishwasher.

The unit is out of warranty as of 02/28/2017

Samsung Moderator

user7cOV8BITH3

If the dishwasher is connected to a garbage disposal, verify that the garbage disposal is clear and not clogged.

Verify  the visible portion of the drain hose (where it attaches to the drain) is not kinked or bent. This can typically be found below the sink.
Run water into the sink the dishwasher is connected to for 30 seconds, and then verify if the sink drains. If it does not, the issue is with the home's plumbing, and not with the dishwasher.

The unit is out of warranty as of 02/28/2017

Astronaut

I have the same problem, I can unplug the overfill sensor and the dishwasher runs fine without overflowing!

this dishwasher is the biggest POS I’ve ever seen.

and then the Samsung guy tries to sell us the repair manual?? I feel like they should be giving it out for free along with recalling this crap. I’m done with Samsung appliances, would love to repair, but I’ve had 2 service techs out and similar issues keep cropping up.

model: DD81-01549A_EN