ice maker stopped samsung model RF263BEAESR fridge

SOLVED
Astronaut

Re: ice maker stopped samsung model RF263BEAESR fridge

Same thing is going on with my RF28HDEDTSR fridge ice maker. I have done the service call and it was just a temporary fix. It's doing it again and it's barely making ice now. Where did you find the recall/lawsuit??

Constellation

Having the same issue with mine. Fortunately I have a home warranty and have filed a claim with the home warranty company to address this. We'll see how it goes. Very frutrating that a refrigerator in this price range has this type of fundamental issue. I'll be adding my name to the list on the class action lawsuit.

Constellation

I also have the same issue.  please let me know about this claim..

Samsung Moderator

[ Edited ]

Sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your ice maker.  Please provide me with your complete model code and serial number to the private message link provided below, and I will be glad to look into this matter for you.

Samsung Moderator

Just checking to see if you still needed assistance.

Constellation

Yes this fridge is a joke! Ice maker has been replaced 3 times! I have been defrosting with my hair dryer every few months or sooner because it gets ice build up & freezes & stops making ice. Leaks water also! Repair men said it is going to keep happening because ice maker is not supposed to be in the fridge part. They have it happen all the time. Samsung should recall these & give our money back! I have called several times & I get a the run around.😡

Constellation

Same issue.  I have Model RF28JBEDBSR - I  bought last summer from Home Depot, and now the icemaker leaks water, then jams up. I press reset, and it works for a few days, but still leaks, then stops working again. It also puts mold flakes in ice/water when it does work.  It also leaks water into the refridgerator.    Just out of warantee, of course - but it doesn't appear anyone has been able to solve this - even with service repair?

Constellation

Looks like I'm on my own. Thanks Samsung. Nice to pay $2500+ for a unit that lasts one year
I am sorry to hear that you have had this experience with your refrigerator. We are more than happy to set up this service for you but however, you would be responsible for the cost of the repair. Based on the serial number you provided the unit is out of warranty as of 05/31/18. If you would like to receive quotes on service/labor or arrange the service yourself from an Authorized Service Center near you, please use the link provided below."

Did anyone say they had a link to class action suit?
Constellation

I also have a RF263BEAESR, I noticed it stopped making ice yesterday July 2, 2018. We bought the fridge April 2016. No ice build up, the ice maker is not turned to off. Everything was working fine earlier in the day, then nothing. We did a few things before bed hoping for ice in the AM, nothing. I just pressed the Test button but I'm not expecing anything to happen. We bought this at the same time we bought our Samsung stove. We wanted the same brand for fridge and stove. We spent over $5000 for both and bingo the ice maker stops working. I use the ice maker every day multi times a day. I'm very unhappy. I'm in Canada. If this does not get fixed somehow without coming out of my pocket, I'll never buy Samsung applicances again! Shame because I love my stove! 

Constellation

Same problem here. Less than two years old. Just tried the hair dryer thing. Reset button...everything. Samsung, what can be done here? Sounds like a serious flaw with an expensive appliance. How will you help customers experiencing this issue?