Original topic:

Burn In & Uniformity issues (Less than 2 months)

(Topic created: 4 hours ago)
WJA
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Not even 2 months of owning the 65” S90D, the screen is suffering permanent burn in and vertical banding has seemed to become noticeably worse. This TV was Delivered on May 30, 2024. 

I’ve babied this TV and took extra steps on a daily basis to prevent “burn in” issues. Since Day 1, I’ve been avoiding as much static image content as possible. This TV is only used for movies and games (No cable tv or PC). When static images were visible such as option menu’s, I’ve cautiously made quick selections to reduce the time in tv or game menus. 

While gaming, the “dynamic HUD” option was selected making HUDs disappear quickly and/or if a specific game has the option available, I turn on “Low Opacity” in game settings.

I appreciate that Samsung has specific TV settings to prevent these issues however none seemed to prevent this problem. Since Day 1, I activated the “Logo brightness adjust” setting, screen saver is automatic, plus screen even dims after 1 or 2 minutes if I run to bathroom or grab a drink from kitchen. Even ran Pixel refresh multiple times.

Yes, the OLED Tech is inevitable to develop burn in however in less than 2 months is unacceptable for $2500. 

P.S. Even referred my girlfriend to Samsung to buy the same TV a month ago, and now with the issues I’m experiencing after taking extra preventative steps, she’s too afraid to use her new TV. Just a sad situation. 

Below : I’ve posted a few pictures showing the issues which is very noticeable when logging into paramount plus app as well as a solid gray image to showcase how bad the vertical banding has become, which again, seems to be getting worse. 

IMG_0243.jpeg

IMG_0247.jpeg

IMG_0245.jpeg

IMG_0248.jpeg

IMG_0248.jpeg

1 Reply
JMill
Cosmic Ray
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Looks like you got a dud. Sorry to see your issue. You need to find if that is actually a samsung panel or an lg panel. Samsung did decide to source from different areas.
It should be warranty covered, although samsung is notorious for horrid after selling.
0 Likes