Original topic:

Game Mode / Input Signal Plus PC Crash S95D

(Topic created: 07-01-2024 04:18 AM)
RoxRoyal
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello,

I'm currently using my 77OLEDS95D TV as a monitor for my ROG Strix SCAR 17 (2022) G733 Asus Laptop via a Ugreen HDMI 2.1 Cable (4k 144Hz). However, I've encountered an issue: whenever I activate Input Signal Plus or Game Mode, my PC freezes and displays a distorted image (attached below).

https://imgur.com/a/YhCQzCw

To temporarily resolve this, I've found that toggling the Input Signal Plus or Game Mode off and on a few times allows it to work until I power down the TV or laptop for my next session. I've already contacted Samsung Service, but they didn't find any error codes on the TV and suggested it might be an issue with my laptop.

Here are the troubleshooting steps I've already taken:

• Tried using a new HDMI 2.1 cable.
  • Tested all 4 HDMI ports in the One Connect Box.
  • Updated all drivers on my laptop and restored Nvidia settings to default.

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
5 Replies
Raza Toosy
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

We had the same problem. I think itā€™s to do with the hdmi cable bandwidth. Weā€™ve tried the following which seem to work

- Reducing the Hz to 120 on Nvidia control panel (or your equivalent) 

- turn HDR off on tv but on in game (not sure if this makes an impact)

- turn game mode off. My impression is that game mode is for PS5 and XboxSX

userSFDnDkVwWP
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I'm having the same problem. The only solution atm is to switch to 120hz. I don't think the OCB can handle the bandwidth.  Either way, this shouldn't be happening. The S95C already had this issue. You would think they would have solved the problem by now. 20240726_034036.jpg

Samsung_oc9vb8E
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Same issue with brand NEW S95D. Screen glitches and freezes in artifacts on PC startup, when computer is set to: 10-bit color, 4K, RGB Full @ 144Hz.

Using RTX 4090 and several high quality HDMI 2.1 cables. Issue typically resolves by powering off and back on the TV.

ROXROYALL
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

-You can also temporarly fix by turning off input signal plus and on.

-At 120hz no issue, only on 144hz.

-Samsung Service brought new one connect box, new HDMI 2.1 Cable, issue still remains. So they thought problem is my computer.

0 Likes
mlemieux
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

1433208_IMG_7292.jpgHi same bug for me wiht my S95D 65" using RTX 4080.

After tech change both board's and cable same issues. Was not doing the bug with a DP to Hdmi cable but stuck at 60hz. Order a new DP cable but it wont work to detect more than 60HZ. 

I am back to Hdmi 2.1 cable at 120hz hdr disable in windows and no game mode. since i did not have any glicht at boot since 3 days.

Before it was a pain to make work the pc with the tv.

Hope Samsung fix the 144hz mode and the game mode also. 

0 Likes