Original topic:

OLED TV screen protector

(Topic created: 02-03-2024 06:23 AM)
SteveGuitarist
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

The TV was shipped with a plastic film on the screen to protect it. Which is great because I initially thought the scratch was on the screen itself.

Question: I left it on after installing the TV because I wasn't totally sure I wouldn't find the TV lacking a feature I like. (For example, not being able to decode DTS!!) Anyway, I left it on in case I needed to return it. Its been 3 weeks. Does keeping it on damage the TV?

Side note:  DTS decoding should be standard. Samsung wants you to buy a Samsung soundbar which low and behold DOES decode DTS. When this OLED goes, and I'm sure it will be soon, it will be my last Samsung TV. Can somebody say "Class Action Suit".

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
LED and OLED TVs

@SteveGuitarist The longer you keep that film on the screen the harder it will be to remove it. 

View solution in context

3 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Sony is the only major oem that still supports dts decoding.
I wish I could be in the room when the lawyer laughs you out of it.
0 Likes
SteveGuitarist
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Well, in a "class action" suit nobody who sues goes to court. Just FYI. So, it seems all except Sony are trying to get over. Thanks for the information.

0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
LED and OLED TVs

@SteveGuitarist The longer you keep that film on the screen the harder it will be to remove it.