JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Problem with Hulu Update

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
MG311
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

For the past few weeks I've been unable to watch Hulu on my Samsung smart tv model UN32M5300. It says update available, please install, but there's no way to manually install an update. The updates are supposed to be automatically installed. I spent two hours chatting with a Hulu representative, tried every possible remedy to rectify the problem, and nothing worked. In the end I was informed by the rep that it was a technical issue between Hulu and Samsung that the technicians were working on and it would be resolved soon. That was two weeks ago and there's been no change. The other streaming services I subscribe to--Netflix, Amazon, and Max--are working without a problem. Is there a fix for this on the way? If I can no longer watch Hulu programming on my tv when the app was pre-installed with the tv and therefore can't be deleted and re-installed, I might as well cancel the subscription. I would prefer not to, though.

mbethf
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Same issue. 

0 Likes
Csweebraak
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Same issue. Please fix

0 Likes
Solution
MG311
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I just found a fix that actually worked for me. 

1. Delete a few apps that you don't use.

2. Turn off the auto update setting.

3. Turn off the tv and then turn it back on.

4. Reinstall the Hulu app.

4. Open the Hulu app and log in.

Good luck!

MG311
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I meant 5. Open the Hulu app...

You can reinstall without deleting the app. The reinstall is what seems to install the update.

TalonMan
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

MG311 - you deserve a cookie!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

0 Likes
TJStream1-2
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

This worked for me. I had to delete some apps I don’t use. I assume the TV didn’t have enough storage for the update. I didn’t realize I had so many apps that I have opened in forever. Thank you! 

0 Likes
VW916
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs
We had to delete probably 10 apps that we don't use and were able to get the reinstall to finally work. Thank you MG311.
0 Likes
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs
@MG311 thank you thank you thank you it worked! I deleted several apps that I did not use and it allowed me to reinstall on my Samsung TV
0 Likes
Katikat27
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

My Fandango at home app quit working three days ago. And I don’t see where I Where remove it and reinstall it and I don’t get it because it works on my other TV, but not on the one in my bedroom

0 Likes
Emmmmkkk
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I was having the same issue with Hulu and as some suggested, deleted unused apps and reinstalled Hulu and now it works! Thanks guys!

0 Likes