Original topic:

samsung smart tv black screen

(Topic created: 06-05-2024 09:29 AM)
Bowerjeff
Cosmic Ray
Options
LED and OLED TVs

my neighbor has Samsung Smart TV that always goes back to the movie hub after turning off and back on!! is there any way to pre program the HDMI 1 as defualt main source when turning the tv on so we don't have to go thru turning the tv on, cable on and select hdmi 1 over and over and over again!?? its a pain!!

6 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Settings->General and Privacy->Start Screen Settings

Turn off Hub

I have my Dish Hopper connected to HDMI2 and it is on all the time so when the TV start it starts with Dish. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
Bowerjeff
Cosmic Ray
Options
LED and OLED TVs
we have spectrum cable boxes connected to tv's with hdmi cables! your settings won't work
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
LED and OLED TVs

In addition to what I posted above, it that alone doesn't work, you may need to connect the cable box to HDMI2 and turn on Anynet+ but I your Cable box needs to support HDMI CEC

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
Bowerjeff
Cosmic Ray
Options
LED and OLED TVs
i can plug the cable box into ANY hdmi source on ANY TV and still works,, its just tjat samsung smart tv may not be able to have the hdmi source set to default when turning on the tv and cable rather than having the samsung movie hub as their default! thats a problem
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I'm not an expert on this subject but I believe Samsung TV's use HDMI Anynet+ (CEC) to control connected devices and set it as default as in my case with the Dish Network Hopper. 

Since Spectrum boxes don't support CEC, You could install the Spectrum app on our Hub and ditch the cable box and stream the content which would also allow you to set  up the Start Screen option as described earlier. 

Also, reading the on-screen info when in the Settings->General and Privacy->Start Screen Settings, turning off the Hub will default startup to the last used source which could be cable. 

And you are correct, there is no explicit way to set the default HDMI port that I've been able to find. 

Bill
---
0 Likes
Bowerjeff
Cosmic Ray
Options
LED and OLED TVs
that is why i posted this to see if anyone else knows
0 Likes