960 pro firmware 3B6QCXP7 its a crap !!!!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

960 pro firmware 3B6QCXP7 its a crap !!!!

Okay! A few days ago, update the firmware of my ssd 960 Pro 1TB to version 3B6QCXP7 (using Magician 5.1) its a crap !!! The performance is worse than before, and many times Windows 10 freezes for a few seconds and then continues to work. I tried everything, unplug the disk from the laptop (Alienware 17r4), clean the CMOS, also delete the partitions and reinstalled everything again. Follow the same problem. How do I get back to the previous FW 2B6QCXP7? I download the file "Samsung_SSD_960_PRO_2B6QCXP7.iso" from the Samsung page, then I create the pendrive with the .iso file following the instructions, but when I boot with the pendrive, the program tells me something like "there is no device to update" . What should I do!!!

Please!!! Help!!!

149 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: New 960 EVO FW 3B7QCXE7 Available

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Updated firmware last night and it has created an issue for me.  Under old firmware, 960 worked flawlessly.  Once updated to new firmware, system hangs up for about 10 minutes after log on to Windows 10 Pro (fall creators edition).  Then all is good for about 10 minutes and it hangs again.  This repeats itself several times.

I brought up task manager and the hang happens when HD usage climbs to 100%.  I can create this issue by running disc check.  Immediately runs up to 100% and everything stops for about 5 minutes.  Then HD usage drops and disc check completes itself.  Very frustrating.  No way to roll back to previous firmware.

Magician reports all is good.  When the system is running, benchmarks are good.  No data loss.  Will boot just fine.  The issue is the hang which prevents system usage for about 5 to 10 minutes.  This happen repeatedly but longer and longer between hangs.  System start up is the worst for hangs.

I sent an email to tech support.  No reply yet.

Dell XPS 15 (9550) (4K touch screen monitor).  32 GB memory.

Be careful with this new firmware.

Marcus

Cosmic Ray

Hello, can you tell me what is the support email for ssd? I have a problem with the new 960 pro fw. Smiley Happy

thks in advance!!!

Constellation

Re: 960 pro firmware 3B6QCXP7 its a crap !!!!

I have the same **bleep**ing problem with this new firmware version !!!!
On Dell XPS 9560 !!
Please update an corrective patch ! The performances are very slow!!!
Thanks you
Constellation

I have the same issue after updating a new 3B6QCXP7 firmware. The drive randomly freezes for 1-2 minutes. After it stop freezing, Windows logs 'Event ID 129' with 'secnvm.sys' as a source of event. It indicates that the drive stops working and Windows issues a reset command.

Constellation

Go here:  Samsung Support

They prefer you "chat" with a support rep.  I didn't have time for that so I sent an email.

Good luck!

Cosmic Ray

I'm going to try, my English is not very good. It is easier for me to send an email.

Constellation

Same here. I have a 960 pro and I'm having some issues with the latest firmware. I get some long freezes at boot and sometimes when I try to run programs.

Asteroid

Use MS NVME Driver.!!

3B6QCXP7 has compatibility issues with Samsung NVME Driver (v2.3).

Constellation

How to remove "Samsung NVMe Drivers 2.3" and re-add MS driver ?

if i remove it with reboot, my laptop can't find the bootable device.

can i do this without formatting ?

i hope samsung will update the windows driver or/and the ssd firmware  in few days...