HOW TO MANAGE ENCRYPTION OF 960 PRO

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: HOW TO MANAGE ENCRYPTION OF 960 PRO

How did you manage to secure erase it once to enable the eDrive functionality, if it is an OS drive?

Nebula

Hello nithinmanne,

I booted to another drive and the 960 PRO was seen as secondary. From there, Magician can do the Secure Erase.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

To boot to another drive, means that windows is installed in that, right? Since mine is an NVMe only, can I install windows on a pendrive(external disk) or something? Will it show up as a secondary drive if I boot up from a pendrive(external disk)?

Asteroid

My laptop BIOS has a secure erase program, otherwise you can find bootable options.

Asteroid

Any news? surly Samsung are capable of working on more than one issue or don't we count as this isn't the "flagship" drive?
Constellation

I am confused i have been putting off getting an nvme drive just because edrive was not supported. Is it now? Did Microsoft change something? Did samsung add support as well? 

Asteroid

They added support but it doesn't work!

Constellation

Well that is both good and bad news....has anyone tried a clean with diskpart after enabling encryption in magician? 

Nebula

At the moment, Bitlocker only utilizes e-Drive if the 960 is a secondary storage unit. We believe that it not using e-Drive when it is the boot drive might be a limitation of Bitlocker and NVME.

I did report this to our engineering team, but at the moment, they are all focusing on fixing the FW issue some 960 PRO users are having.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

And thanks to this I am stuck with a drive I can no longer secure erase. Can you arrange a replacement cross shipped to me, I don't mind supplying CC details obviously but don't see why mistakes made by Samsung should leave me without a drive.