New 960 EVO FW 3B7QCXE7 Available

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator

New 960 EVO FW 3B7QCXE7 Available

Hello Everyone,
Samsung has released a new FW update for the 960 EVO. The new version is 3B7QCXE7.

• Change Note : Enables e-Drive support for the 960 EVO.

Currently it can only be updated it through Magician.
If you want to use e-Drive, please makes sure your Magician is up to date and you have the Samsung NVME 2.3 driver installed.

Let us know if you have any questions or need assistance updating the FW!

Thank you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

60 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: New 960 EVO FW 3B7QCXE7 Available

Constellation

Re: 960 pro firmware 3B6QCXP7 its a crap !!!!

After doing it im getting some programs not loading. after rebooting the will work but if i goto another program and then back to the first one it wont work. the weird thing is that the programs are on another drive. Ever since i did the frimware this has been going on. even did a wipe and reinstall of all drives. 960 Evo 250 m.2 with the firmware: 3B7QCXE7 here.

Constellation

Hello, after upgrade to new firmware my Windows 10 freezes. Only hard reset helps. It happens randomly - sometimes every hour, sometimes once a day. I used Microsoft NVME driver, I tried Samsung driver too.  Can you help me, please? Thanks

Constellation

My system also freezes randomly after the last upgrade of the firmware. I also upgraded the NVME firmware to 2.3.

I switched to MS firmware and for one day was ok, then it freezed again and when I checked, the driver was changed back to Samsung. Now I switched back to MS firmware.

The write speeds are also very slow in Crystal Mark.

Samsung, please come with a new firmware to fix these issues.

Asteroid

Hello Samsung,

because it's week already my Evo 960 doesn't work corectly without any fix from you, I bought intel M.2 drive and asking local Samsung for full refund. Can you confirm it's possible? Many of us are using 960 Evo as system drive and our PC is unusable now. So?

Samsung Moderator

[ Edited ]

Hello All,

If you are getting low performance after the FW update. Please test the unit as a seconfdary drive, not the boot drive, or Secure Erase the SSD and reinstall Windows.

If you are having an issue similar to the 960 Pro, please private message me.

Also, we can't provide refund. We can go through RMA procedure. If you want to, please let me know in the PM.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

I am really glad I did some research before updating the firmware.  I honestly cannot believe the response from Samsung.  Secure erase and reinstall windows?! Seriously?  That "simple" fix is hours upon hours of work to reinstall programs, days in some cases.  Plus hundreds of GB of "writes", while the lifetime of SSD writes is very high now, it seems ludicrous that they would openly advocate this.    Why don't you pull the firmware down until you fix it.

My word.

Asteroid

AshleyLee wrote:

I am really glad I did some research before updating the firmware.  I honestly cannot believe the response from Samsung.  Secure erase and reinstall windows?! Seriously?  That "simple" fix is hours upon hours of work to reinstall programs, days in some cases.  Plus hundreds of GB of "writes", while the lifetime of SSD writes is very high now, it seems ludicrous that they would openly advocate this.    Why don't you pull the firmware down until you fix it.

My word.

Did you actually read what he wrote? He said to test the unit as secondary OR secure erase and reinstall the SSD. And that's only for people having Perfromance problems.

If they have freezing, he said to PM him about it.

Constellation

I'm getting low performance after the FW update, and my 960 evo is my boot drive. So you are saying I should secure erase and reinstall windows to fix the problem??