Samsung 850 EVO "This Drive is Not Supported" with Magician 5?

SOLVED
Anonymous

Re: Samsung 850 EVO "This Drive is Not Supported" with Magician 5?

@user1tFwuKI1XH : I'm sorry you feel that way, but unfortunately, there is no fix. Samsung Magician requires internet use, just like windows does for any update. If no internet is available, then I'd recommend uninstalling the Samsung Magician and not using it at all.

@userKzKLdtky0E : If you did a clean install, you have to install all of your system drivers before using the Samsung Magician. Especially your SATA driver, thats the most important one for the Samsung Maigician. To download and install all the needed drivers, please visit your system manufacturer's website.

Constellation

We are managed in a Intranet and using a proxy to access the internet. I just tried the www.samsungsemi.com and found it is redirected to http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/ so I suppose that our network policy has not blocked Samsung's verification site but I refreshed many days and all failed. Could you please tell us the exact url then we can provide it to our network administrator? Thanks!

Astronaut

Upgrade from 4.9.7 to 5.2 and now my 850 Pro is not supported... What should I do? Rolling back?

Constellation

Hi, Samsung!

In corporative world there is a proxies exist.

Can you, please, add support for HTTP/HTTPS/SOCKS(5) proxy?

In Samsung Magician you can obtain configuration for proxy from system, there is some fields for that.

Usually Win is configured to support proxy in that field if this is a ONLY way to get internet.

Astronaut

I haven't read my way through this thread, but I can confirm Samsung Magician is broken when using deep-SSL inspection.

Most other apps work fine, but obviously Magician does not reference the Windows Certificate store and refuses to trust the SSL-certificate presented to it by the device in the middle performing the DPI.

Astronaut

I had the same problem. In the box with the SSD it says to download Samsung Magician however it turns out this software only works if both drives connected through an internal SATA connection, if you're using USB it will not recognize. After a lot of trial and error I finally found out that the correct software to use is Samsung Data Migration which can be found at samsung.com/samsungssd or https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/overview/ then go to "Download Tools & Software" click on it and you'll see a spot to download "Data Migration" install and you're all set. I went from a 1TB HDD to a 500GB SSD and it resized partitions automatically when it finished I took out the old HDD and put in the SSD and stared the computer with no issues.

Constellation

I have same problem on 1 tb 860. I just bought off newegg on ebay. It says invalid serial. I tried turning off firewall and no luck. Is this a garbage drive? I can't clone my laptop drive to it either because it fails to write to a sector...

Hi treflip,
Yes, if the new drive shows a bad sector during cloning that's a bad drive and needs to be returned to the point of purchase as soon as possible. But before you do, make sure the bad sectors are on the new drive, not the old one.
Constellation

This solved my problem with 860 EVO 1TB Using USB Cloning.

Magician says invalid Serial..but this software grabbed this wihtout any issue.

Now cloning is going on..i will update once done or any isssue.

Constellation

Magician 5 can not check myEVO 850.  I ran Seagate Sea Tools to check the Samsung 850 and Seagate said the SSD was OK.