Samsung 850 EVO "This Drive is Not Supported" with Magician 5?

SOLVED
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung 850 EVO "This Drive is Not Supported" with Magician 5?

Fantastic!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

Hi, I've just purchased a EVO 850 500GB. I've installed Magician 5.1 already.

First, I connected the SSD to my notebook with a SATA to USB3.0 adapter. Magician said that the serial number was invalid. Is it because I'm using an adapter instead of plugging the SSD directly to the MoBo?

Second, I plugged the SSD directlyin the SATA conector of my motherboard, installed a fresh Windows 10 Home, and then installed Magician 5.1. The notebook still does not have access to internet. Magician 5.1 now says that "The drive is not supported", although now it shows  the serial number instead of showing "Invalid serial number". Is it because Magician needs Internet to check if the SSD is genuine and also to recognize for the first time the SSD?

Thank you very much

Nebula

Hi AlexMartin,

Yes, Magician needs connection to the internet for initial authentication.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I had a similar issue after updating to the Win10 Creators update (850 EVO 250GB).    Everything had been fine before then.

After the update, the drive didn't even show up in Magician despite the fact that it was the system/boot drive, was present in Device Manager, and was obviously usable as I was able to boot from it.  I noticed that a "Marvel 91xx" driver update had shown up among my installed programs in Windows "Programs and Features"; I guess it came along with the update.  

I uninstalled that, rebooted, and I was back in business.  After that the drive showed up in Magician, and I was able to re-enable rapid mode.

Astronaut

Plz halp mee sir

Astronaut

My salf phone IMEI NO FAL PLZ halp mee
Anonymous

Hello user8GyGMO3m7q,

I apologize, but this is the wrong thread for support. Please repost in the cell phone support section of the Samsung community. We only provide support for memory product in this support section. 

Constellation

I have an older computer without ahci and an nvidia controller (?). 850 EVO 500gb. Magician has never worked. Using v5 or v5.1 I get the following:

REKSamsungMagicianCapture.JPG

Any chance that I will ever be able to use my SSD to the utmost?

Astronaut

I had the same issue. I had my firewall set up to block traffic to and from Asia. Magician needs access to a server in South Korea in order to recognize the drive. After allowing the traffic it works fine.

Anonymous

Hello AlexMartin,

Yes, in order for the Samsung Magician to detect your drive and all of its information the drive must be connected via SATA directly into your motherboard. The system must also have access to the internet in order for all SSD information to be verifyed.