JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

1tb 960 evo 100% windows 10 freezes and crashes after firmware update

(Topic created: 08-06-2020 10:33 AM)
YOURTESTSUBJECT
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory
figured I would just make a post of my own maybe I can get some help Re: 960 EVO 1TB causing random Windows 10 freezes and crashes? [ Edited ]

my problem is the same also after the last firmware update worked fine until that 

please help me I am running on a reg wd blue 1 TB SSD now with no problems what so ever also the nvme cause my other system to freeze and it does not matter which one I install windows on  or what slot they are in they both cause the issue but when removed the issue is gone I do not have any logs as it does not leave in in the event viewer please help me samsung or refund my money I dropped a little over 1500 on 3 of the drives so I could have a couple DOPE systems and I cant use them to boot  I hope you can atleast understand my problem here.... 

also, I'm sure you would have more reports but it is a hard catch because your software says the drive is good and it does not show any errors on chkdisk so I'm sure all the people having the problem have just not connected it yet

system info (both) systems I have tested them in have the same specs except 1 system only has 1 gfx card and 32gb of ram besides that basically the same

i7 8700k 

asus z370-e Gaming

2 - 1 TB 960 EVO NVME

2 - 10 TB WD GOLD DRIVES

4 - 16GB pc3200 Trident Z gskill RGB memory 

2 - aorus X 1080ti 

evga 850 G3 PSU 

https://imgur.com/a/1mL2l

@SamsungRicky  can you please help I have 2 drive that I have updated the firmware no I can no longer use either as a boot drive

I included this screenshot so you can see the drives run fine with no errors even after the update except not anywhere from 1 min into the boot up to 30min the system will freeze no BSOD no error codes just the drive usage spikes to 100% with 0KB/s read/write for about a minute I have run malware bytes even no that's not the issue because it happens even with fresh install of windows and on different pcs 

also, I have another 960 Evo that I did not update and it works on both systems as a boot no problems

is there a way to rollback the firmware

0 Likes
12 Replies
Sergi
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

anyone tested this firmware downgrade? is it safe?

I had the great idea of "upgrading" my 960 EVO from 2B firmware to 3B and everything began to fall apart... I RMA'd the SSD, got a brand new one with the 3B firmware preinstalled but after 2 months working nice it began to fail again... now I can only use it as a very expensive paperweight... :(

0 Likes
userGKMfrTVTGq
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

mines doing this also i have had to redo windows 5 times to get to this point i disable rapid no more issues think this model is junk

0 Likes
userguQnu1pWcK
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

After updating the Windows 10, I am getting windows error 80070103 on my system. Can anyone tell me why such kind of error is occurring and how it can be solved?

0 Likes