Original topic:

32" Monitor not recognizing either Displayport inputs. HELP!

(Topic created: 07-14-2021 06:46 PM)
usercOZZM7mroL
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

So I just spent a small fortune on this LC32G75TQSNXZA and I have no video coming in via Displayport. I have the HDMI occupied by Xbox Series X, which works wonderful. However, I have a desktop plugged in using HDMI to to DP (port 1) and a laptop also using HDMI to DP (port 2). Neither one outputs video to this monitor. Desktop is nothing fancy... Nvidia drivers are up to date. Laptop same thing. Both cables I am using are Displayport to HDMI and brand new.  I also checked for a software update on the monitor and it is up to date. Any help would be great!

0 Likes
3 Replies
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

I'm not very trusting of HDMI/DP adapters.  Best to test those ports with a native DP input and the Xbox disconnected.

Are you using the cheap passive HDMI to DP or the better active HDMI to DP adapters?

Does the DP version of the adapter match the DP version selected in the monitor?

Hmm, you said you are using DP to HDMI cables which are different from HDMI to DP adapters.

0 Likes
usercOZZM7mroL
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

So I did as you suggested. Unplugged the XBOX and used HDMI to HDMI to the desktop. It worked. Then tried the laptop... and it worked. So that means these Displayports are just bad out of the box, or... could these HDMI to DisplayPort cables I bought be insufficient to carry the signal? They were cheap Best Buy Essentials brand.

0 Likes
userT1gvNPts31
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Have you tried going into the menu and manually switching the inputs? The G7 does not Auto Switch even when it is turned on. 

0 Likes