cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

49" CRG9 has occasional color banding and white "glitch"

I have a 49" CRG9 (LC49RG90SSNXZA) which I've been using for about 8 months now. For a while now, it has had a couple occasional issues.

1. Every now and then, after coming out of sleep mode, the colors on the screen will have what looks like banding. It's especially apparent when things are in motion, but it can be noticed with static imagse as well. So far I've been able to resolve this by powering the monitor down briefly, then turning it back on. This problem happens once every few days or so.
  2. Also intermittently, the lower half of the display will have a very brief white flash -- it looks like the display gitches briefly. This happens more rarely, but still consitently enough that I've noticed it.

Nothing I do seems to trigger either behavior (save for the fact that the first issue only happens when coming out of sleep mode). I've tried a new displayport cable -- same issues occured.

I contacted support, but they weren't able to do anything for me since the issue was intermittent. It's still happening though, so I thought I'd see if anyone else had a suggestion before I try to contact support again.