Original topic:

49" Odyssey G9 Gaming Monitor Displayport not working

(Topic created: 01-04-2022 06:25 AM)
userl7rdxQL7hz
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi,

I just purchased the 49" Odyssey G9 Gaming Monitor (MODEL NUMBER: LC49G97TSSNXDC) last month and 2 weeks later the display port is no longer working into my desktop computer. It worked fine for the first 2 weeks but no longer works. The HDMI works but the Display Port 1 or Display Port 2 is not working.

I tried resetting the monitor, turning it on and off again, different display ports wires, walking through chat suggested tech trouble shooting. Nothing works. Any suggestions before I finally return this possibly defective unit?

I'm currently on firmware 1012.1.

3 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! I understand how this may be a cause for concern with your monitor not working properly, the last thing that I would recommend if possible if you have an old monitor or TV with a display port that you know works try it with those first to rule out any possibility there's any issues with your GPU, if this still occurs that's the problem if it doesn't then I would definitely recommend getting an exchange on the monitor. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usery4CaPzKbo3
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I cannot get my Display Port to work 80% of the time either! I have found that if I turn my PC on and the monitor on (by holding the power button until I see the Ogyssey logo SPECIFICALLY) I can get it to display 20% of the time. It usually takes 5-6 PC restarts to get it to work. Keep in mind I have a backup Zowie Monitor that works perfectly fine if I just plug my display port cable into that. I hope Samsung can remedy this with a Firmware update! It seems like the Display Port is only active for a split second before the monitor disables it until the monitor is turned off and on again. 

userfoKSHkWMVf
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I'm experiencing the same issue 

0 Likes