Original topic:

49" Odyssey G9 Gaming Monitor (LC49G97TSSNXDC) - no 240hz option available to configure

(Topic created: 07-14-2021 09:33 PM)
userR5319kEQMF
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi all,

I spent quite a bit extra to purchase the 240hz version of the G9 Odyssey but have never been able to get the monitor to display 240hz.  Only the 60hz and 120hz options are available to select from.

Details:

• Razer Blade 15 with GeForce RTX 2060 GPU
  • GeForce Driver 471.11
  • Resolution 5120X1440
  • 8K DPI cable
  • Samsung Driver C49G9xT version 1.1 (091006)
  • G-Sync enabled

Also, I have a Razer Core with a GeForce RTX 2070 Desktop card and if I attempt to use it, same thing - no 240hz availability and doesn't perform in games any better than the RTX 2060.

Any help would be appreciated..

Thank you,

Brent

5 Replies
CoolmanNikolai
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory
Enable developer settings and scrool till you find hz settings and adjust.
0 Likes
userR5319kEQMF
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi Nakia,

Thanks for the response.  Which Developer Settings are you referring to?  I turned on Developer Mode and most settings associated are checked, but it doesn't appear to affect my monitor.  In Nvidia Control Panel and Windows Display Advanced Settings the refresh rate dropdown still only offers 60Hz and 120Hz - no 240Hz even though I'm connected through an 8K DPI cable to a 240Hz monitor..

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

You need to review the  Monitor Resolution Table in your User Manual to determine which resolutions with 240hz refresh are available for the  G9.  There are not many.

Your 2060/2070 GPUs are not capable of driving the G9 optimal resolutions at 240hz.  Do some Internet searches for 2060 performance.

0 Likes
userQI5Koyno0K
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Not true. According to Nvidia, RTX 20xx supports 5120x1440 @ 240 Hz. So, I do not understand where you have your information from, however, my 2070 cannot go above 120 Hz even though a lot of other people have it running @ 240 Hz with the exact same graphics card.

0 Likes
userZliSvMBX5f
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Well from the factory the G9 is set to 120hz in the menu so I would start there to make sure you have change it over to 240hz. I know that is like a simple thing to check but not sure what you have done and not done so if that doesn't correct the issue we can go from there. You also said your using a 8k DP cable from a razor core? I dont much about external GPUs but how do you have it connected to the PC? I'm not sure if having it connected to the PC by a lower speed cable would limit the refresh or not Ive never owned a external box but seeing how everything is limited by bandwidth.

0 Likes