cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

860 EVO 2TB (MZ-76E2ToB/AM) Samsung Data Migration and Magician Software missing

I bought a 2 TB 860 EVO for my Macbook Pro because Samasung Product literature says that it comes with Data Migration and Magician Software, but they dont tell you that the software is ONLY for PC's not MAC !!! From  Samsung_SSD_860_EVO_Data_Sheet_Rev1.pdf

"The 860 EVO comes with Samsung Data Migration and Magician Software, which is easy to install and makes management of you SSD simple.* Samsung Data Migration software is uncomplicated to use yet provides a very powerful Custom Cloningfeature that makes migration effortless even when the source data is greater than the SSDs capacity. Magician provides personalized firmware checks and additional functions tailored for individual

users’ drives. It even updates the firmware automatically to make sure that the drivesperformance stays up to date."

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sun

Re: 860 EVO 2TB (MZ-76E2ToB/AM) Samsung Data Migration and Magician Software m..

Apple has such a tight lock on software and their ecosystem it doesn't surprise me.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: 860 EVO 2TB (MZ-76E2ToB/AM) Samsung Data Migration and Magician Software m..

The Apple App Store has 1.8 MILLION apps to choose from,  I dont think that is a 'tight lock' on software.  Other companies like LaCie have hard disk tools to use with their storage products.  Why must Samsung falsely advertise that Magician software 'comes with' the drive when it doesnt ? Isnt it just as easy to say it doesnt come with a MacOS version than to lead me to think otherwise ?

Highlighted
Galaxy

What version is your Macbook?

Highlighted
Asteroid

MacBook Pro mid-2012 16GB 2.6Ghz i7 quad core

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

For all solid-state drive questions, please either email support@totalts.com or call 1-800-SAMSUNG and choose option 7 for SSD support. The SSD support team is available M-F 9 AM - 9 PM. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.